Porsche Driving Experience

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

I'm down in darkest Devon,but will give it a try sometime in the summer.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Salty wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:18 pm
pjt1000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:47 pm Just got my email, 3 hour drive each way so debating if worth it
Lucky you! I bought a new Macan GTS from
Porsche Newcastle (Silverlink) a year ago and was promised a Silverstone day by the sales executive- still waiting!!! Perhaps it will arrive in the post with the two coloured key fobs my wife was promised. Grrrrrr

We have been to Porsche Silverstone in the past a couple of times but it’s debatable as to whether it’s worth a 3 hr drive.
You are the victim of a screw up.

When an order is placed Silverston PEC is sent the details and they send out an invite to attend the 1/2 day, inc meals, driving the car variant that has been ordered.

Looks like someone definately screwed up.

Ignore your OPC ring Silverstone PEC direct and discuss it with them and they will arrange a date with you.

Once you have been get back to your OPC and tell them you want to go on a Range Day at the PEC.

You should then get two trips there, the Range Day is what it sounds like and on my Range Day I drove a Macan Turbo PP, a 911 C4GTS, a Cayman S and we had a demo ride in a Cayenne over the off road course.

Two and a half years ago I placed two deposits for a Turbo and I went to the PEC, then I had a confirmed build date and cancelled the one of the orders. At the end of last year I had an eMail from the PEC saying that I still have a session there outstanding.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:41 pm
pjt1000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:47 pm Just got my email, 3 hour drive each way so debating if worth it
Porsche Newcastle (Silverlink) a year ago and was promised a Silverstone day by the sales executive- still waiting!!! Perhaps it will arrive in the post with the two coloured key fobs my wife was promised. Grrrrrr

We have been to Porsche Silverstone in the past a couple of times but it’s debatable as to whether it’s worth a 3 hr drive.

When an order is placed Silverston PEC is sent the details and they send out an invite to attend the 1/2 day, inc meals, driving the car variant that has been ordered.

Ignore your OPC ring Silverstone PEC direct and discuss it with them and they will arrange a date with you.

Once you have been get back to your OPC and tell them you want to go on a Range Day at the PEC.

You should then get two trips there, the Range Day is what it sounds like and on my Range Day I drove a Macan Turbo PP, a 911 C4GTS, a Cayman S and we had a demo ride in a Cayenne over the off road course.

Two and a half years ago I placed two deposits for a Turbo and I went to the PEC, then I had a confirmed build date and cancelled the one of the orders. At the end of last year I had an eMail from the PEC saying that I still have a session there outstanding.
I thought you said in an earlier post that you drove the Cayenne on the off road course???
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Macananon wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 pm

I thought you said in an earlier post that you drove the Cayenne on the off road course???
I did, but not on the Range Day.

My first PEC session was to drive an SD and I asked if we could drive the Off Road course, the problem being that the Macan is not an off road car like the Cayenne is so we had two trips around the Off Road circuit where the Instructor showed how to do it and then I took over and he guided me through what to do and where. The Cayenne is simple awesome no pushing buttons galore as in a JLR car one push of the off road button and a swich to lock the diff was all that was needed.

Second PEC was driving a Macan Turbo on the roards around Silverstone, then on the PEC circuits then I blagged a session driving a 911 S.

Third PEC visit was the Range Day.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:47 am
Macananon wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 pm
the problem being that the Macan is not an off road car like the Cayenne is so we had two trips around the Off Road circuit where the Instructor showed how to do it and then I took over and he guided me through what to do and where. The Cayenne is simple awesome no pushing buttons galore as in a JLR car one push of the off road button and a switch to lock the diff was all that was needed.

It may be of interest that I think the day before the facelift S announcement, sales executives from at least my 2 local OPCs were taken by Porsche offroad in 2litre Facelift Macans. One of the secs who told me had been quite impressed.

Not that I attended going seriously offroad in my Macan, just entering New Forest car parks some of whom are so rough and potted a non SUV has issues!!

The old all season tyre option was definitely more of an off-road tyre than the summers currently coming as standard.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
RAA

Post by RAA »

I also received an email from the PEC to experience 4 hours of driving the facelifted Macan S. i live in Surrey, so it'll probably be a 3 hour drive at least, but well worth it, I am sure. Might even treat myself to stay in a hotel nearby. I can't wait !
Salty

Post by Salty »

Thanks for the advice. Perhaps the difference is that my wife saw the GTS in the showroom when I was at the OPC with my Boxster which was in for a service and we bought the GTS there and then.
I’ll probanly give the PEC a call although may have a word with the sales executive at the forthcoming 911 event at the Baltic in Newcastle and see what he has to say first.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
N111BJG

Post by N111BJG »

I booked up today for Friday 12th April & staying at one of nearby hotels
Much better grub than Mercedes-Benz World at Brooklands & I enjoyed the driving at PEC more too
2023 Macan S in Copper Ruby Metallic
2022 Mini Cooper Exclusive Convertible (Hers)
2022 BMW R1250GS
2016 991.2 C4S Cabriolet in Miami Blue
2019 Macan S (Sold)
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (Sold)
2005 997.1 C2S Cabriolet (sold)
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

RAA wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm I also received an email from the PEC to experience 4 hours of driving the facelifted Macan S. i live in Surrey, so it'll probably be a 3 hour drive at least, but well worth it, I am sure. Might even treat myself to stay in a hotel nearby. I can't wait !
Can recommend Fawsley Hall - lovely spot, if you want a few days away.
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3