Gtechniq

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

VanB wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm
Water spots most likely caused by impurities in rainwater drying on your car. Have you tried a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water sprayed on, left for a minute and wiped off? Most effective water spot remover around and should affect your coating.

Cheers

VanB
Presume you mean should NOT affect the coating?
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

After spec’ing so many extras and clocking up an eye watering final figure I might as well finish the job with Gtechniq (I say to myself). So I look up the nearest accrediated agent to me and ask for a quote. I got a telephone call which left my head spinning. “Can I have an email with options and prices?” I asked. The email reply I got referred me to https://gtechniq.com/service/. The site quotes £870+vat for CSU Black – Crystal Serum Ultra topped with EXOC or that with a ‘package’ ‘Total surface protection bundles - Faces only for rims’ for £995+vat. Is that it, is the price the price quoted on the Gtechniq site or do I haggle AND do I have anything to haggle with e.g. your competitor will do it for £less?
P.S. I am sure he said it came with a 9 year guarantee.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Ray G wrote:
VanB wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm
Water spots most likely caused by impurities in rainwater drying on your car. Have you tried a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water sprayed on, left for a minute and wiped off? Most effective water spot remover around and should affect your coating.

Cheers

VanB
Presume you mean should NOT affect the coating?
Doh! Yes should not affect the coating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Fairynuff wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:53 pm After spec’ing so many extras and clocking up an eye watering final figure I might as well finish the job with Gtechniq (I say to myself). So I look up the nearest accrediated agent to me and ask for a quote. I got a telephone call which left my head spinning. “Can I have an email with options and prices?” I asked. The email reply I got referred me to https://gtechniq.com/service/. The site quotes £870+vat for CSU Black – Crystal Serum Ultra topped with EXOC or that with a ‘package’ ‘Total surface protection bundles - Faces only for rims’ for £995+vat. Is that it, is the price the price quoted on the Gtechniq site or do I haggle AND do I have anything to haggle with e.g. your competitor will do it for £less?
P.S. I am sure he said it came with a 9 year guarantee.
You can try and haggle but if they don’t budge and you are happy with the company then go with it.
Below is the full package.
Prices were cheaper 2 years ago. That cost around £725 + vat so a fair increase in costs. But when you consider the amount of time spent on it then their hourly charge is not bad at all. Yes it’s a 9 year warranty now instead of the previous 7 years.

You will always find a non Gtechniq accredited detailer will do it for less. Ask them about the 9 year warranty as not sure if Gtechniq cover you going down this road?

I can take my car back for a yearly check free of charge. Not had to though.

8FA5C120-15BD-410D-9435-E36A92592986.jpeg

GTS 😀
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Earlier today I called in to see a local detailer with Gtechniq accreditation and he quoted pricing similar to that advised above by Fairynuff. The guy had a 1997 Ferrari waiting collection and I must admit it looked superb.
I think this is the way I will go when my new S arrives in a couple of weeks time.
Macan SD Sapphire Blue sold April 19
Macan S Night Blue collected May 19
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:10 am It is not a be all and end all and you do need to regularly wash the car and dry it properly, ideally using the softened water system as explained in my Detaining and Washing post. Now despite all my precaution I have water spots and so once I am over my recent Op then I can tackle sorting that out.

So it depends upon how OCD you are about the finish and how much time you have to clean and dry your car.

Col

Is your car topped with Exo v2 by any chance?
There was an issue with v2 being a bit on the soft side and v3 resolved that. V4 is available now.

The water spots are not caused by Gtechniq but the minerals etc in the water as I am sure you are aware.
I have had some issues with some resin in Di filters. Also the resin not lasting as long as it should so really have to check the ppm is 0 every time.

I now always dry my car now using a high quality micro fibre towel or the Gtechniq MF4 towel is very impressive imo.
You can purchase Gtechniq G9 water spot remover but I would personally ask your detailer to take a look and should upgrade Exo to v3/4 if not already.

I have a few cars all Gtechniq CS Black Exo v3 and no issues and all still bead well after over 2 years.

Hope it helps.
GTS 😀
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I am finding myself drawn into a world where we throw money at a car like it's confetti. After starting at ground zero £48k and after weeks of great discomfort and £15k later I find myself in a warm comfortable place willy nilly chipping in an extra k here and there. Now I am stepping back and asking myself is £1,300 worth watching rainwater bead up on my bonnet? Gtechniq clearly state It's 18 hours of work. Guessing at £300 max for materials that more than £50 and hour for a man whose sole qualifications are soft cloth and an ability to embrace tedium. And what happens after 9 years when the stuff starts peeling off?
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

And, why do they reply to my emails with a telephone number? I have asked for quotes and explanations on options with a list of questions of two 'detailers' and both replied with "call me on 1234557"!
Guy

Post by Guy »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:25 am And, why do they reply to my emails with a telephone number? I have asked for quotes and explanations on options with a list of questions of two 'detailers' and both replied with "call me on 1234557"!
They need to keep their hands free for all that polishing! :lol:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 am
Gtechniq clearly state It's 18 hours of work. Guessing at £300 max for materials that more than £50 and hour for a man whose sole qualifications are soft cloth and an ability to embrace tedium.

When I first started out in the motor trade xx years ago I vividly recall expressing the same sentiment to a skilled panel beater.

“£35 an hour to hit a piece of metal with a hammer?!” was my opening gambit.....

“£5 for the hammer, and £30 for knowing exactly where and how hard” came his speedy reply....😉😂

I think I’ve shared this link with you previously....

https://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk

Ultimately (no pun intended) detailing is NOT mandatory and unless you are willing and able to diligently wash the car on a regular basis there’s no point; G-tech is not a magic ant-dirt force-field!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465