Macan S ordered today

All your ordering information here!
rosino

Post by rosino »

I enquired about one in the south east, big dealer owned by Porsche GB. They are quoting Sep delivery for a new built.

They had 2 coming in stock and whilst one was very close to my ideal spec it would have been a compromise for pretty much the same price of my ideal order.. i hesitated 24hrs and by then both had sold. Crazy. I also guess most people will just look for S version, big wheels, leather, open roof... that's it get it. No interest in chassis upgrades or any of the tasty stuff.

I think i will be calling around to see if any earlier builds can be had..

My ideal spec : PK2HU7R6

Still on the fence re the Air suspension. Was hoping PASM would be enough and would give a better feel for the road. All reviews seem to be on Air suspension though, whilst Porsche engineers swear by steel springs, and I guess owners just get on and vouch for what they end up having :)

I omitted sports exhaust.. i dont think i will miss it on a Macan, but went all in for the sports chrono and PTS V to give it some agility and have the different modes..

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

rosino wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:05 am I enquired about one in the south east, big dealer owned by Porsche GB. They are quoting Sep delivery for a new built.

They had 2 coming in stock and whilst one was very close to my ideal spec it would have been a compromise for pretty much the same price of my ideal order.. i hesitated 24hrs and by then both had sold. Crazy. I also guess most people will just look for S version, big wheels, leather, open roof... that's it get it. No interest in chassis upgrades or any of the tasty stuff.

I think i will be calling around to see if any earlier builds can be had..

My ideal spec : PK2HU7R6

Still on the fence re the Air suspension. Was hoping PASM would be enough and would give a better feel for the road. All reviews seem to be on Air suspension though, whilst Porsche engineers swear by steel springs, and I guess owners just get on and vouch for what they end up having :)

I omitted sports exhaust.. i dont think i will miss it on a Macan, but went all in for the sports chrono and PTS V to give it some agility and have the different modes..
You snooze you lose!

You don't need air unless you plan on towing or serious off roading. You don't need PTVS either unless you're into track days. Most owners will not know whether they have it or not! You'll find that you rarely use Sport+, but having the mode switch on the steering wheel is handy for selecting Sport mode.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Just been advised by my OPC that my S was completed at the factory yesterday.
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Forgot to say order was placed late December 18
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

Deposit Oct 18 , Lockdown Feb 22nd 19 , Build 20 March , delivery late May 🤞(in OZ)

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCall.d ... e=PKBLM573
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Forget reviews.

You are best advised to arrange extended test drives of Macans with and without Air then decide what is best for you.

All you need do is ensure the Macans have the same seats and wheel size.

Personally I have had a Macan SD with just PASM and my current Turbo has Air. I did an extended test drive of a Turbo with Air at Sliverstone and ticked Configurator box once
I got home. Air suits my driving and the ride I was seeking but it is not my needs that matter.

The main criteria is keeping the PASM box ticked since it is the key extra in a Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

For what it’s worth, in a similar suspension dilemma and wanting 21” wheels, I took a test drive in two cars. The roads near me in the SE can be awful, so it was a serious consideration. I drove a car with 20” wheels and air(+PASM) , then 21” with just PASM, around the same 20min route with uneven roads, lanes, motorway and speed humps. I couldn’t tell any real difference. I did like the look of the car lowered with Air, but couldn’t see a real advantage for my circumstances. There was also a concern I heard about other manufacturers that people were wary of air suspension when a few years old due to repair costs. Haven’t heard this with Porsche though.
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
pjt1000

Post by pjt1000 »

I have 21 inch wheels with PASM and even on poor roads the ride is very comfortable. I didn't think air was necessary and was concerned about reliability over time.
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

Stanley246 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:23 am Deposit Oct 18 , Lockdown Feb 22nd 19 , Build 20 March , delivery late May 🤞(in OZ)

Has anyone noted the revised prices , base has increased but some options have decreased making my build $ 1600 +/- cheaper ..... signed an original contract in October 18 and have had unsigned revisions thereafter ( in the big picture it’s minimalist $, but we all like a good deal at the end of the day ....) I’ll ask Porsche Adl. their take on pricing
Rgs Alan
ianst

Post by ianst »

Stanley246 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:36 am
Stanley246 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:23 am Deposit Oct 18 , Lockdown Feb 22nd 19 , Build 20 March , delivery late May 🤞(in OZ)

Has anyone noted the revised prices , base has increased but some options have decreased making my build $ 1600 +/- cheaper ..... signed an original contract in October 18 and have had unsigned revisions thereafter ( in the big picture it’s minimalist $, but we all like a good deal at the end of the day ....) I’ll ask Porsche Adl. their take on pricing
Rgs Alan
Prices all looking the same to me, which options have changed?
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)