Bose vs Burmester

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Is Bose good enough or has anyone compared with Burmester. I have had Harmon Kardon and it is very good in a BMW

Just macan

Post by Just macan »

Bose in mine 2019 macan is good but cannot compare to other systems.
Is Bose worth it..I think £850 is excessive but some how it feels better than not to have it as at least Bose gives you a decent sound.
Burmester is far more expensive than Bose but if money no object then why not ! I asked tge salesman when I ordered mine and he told me Burmester is great but not worth the money and advised me to have the Bose as a happy medium.

Well I am sure others here would give you their experience with Burmester.
Good luck and Macan is a great purchase you will not regret.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Bose for me too. :D

Decent sound without paying too much.
tigertrout

Post by tigertrout »

Had Bose in last Macan now Burmester in new Macan only because previous owener spected it .
I wouldn’t pay the extra money for Burmester, Bose is very good.
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Thanks all, appreciated
wilko

Post by wilko »

I think burmeister is worth every penny.
I had it in my macan and really regret not spewing it in my cayenne. The Bose is ok, but more than an hour of listening at decent volume levels is wearing and I find myself turning music off.
I could do a 8 plus hour drive at decent volume levels and not feel worn down by The difference in clarity particularly of vocals is really noticeable, and bass is sharp whereas Bose is just woolly.

If Bose sounds ok to you, then buy that, but it’s mediocre to my ears at best.
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
Fast_Eddie

Post by Fast_Eddie »

There is absolutely no comparison - Bose is just the usual boom box rubbish. Burmester is massively better if you are into quality sound, but way over priced It is far cheaper and IMO a better result with quality aftermarket products and using high res audio files.
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Standard fine for me! experienced Bose before however I just can't kid myself to justify the ridiculous cost over the standard system. No criticism, you guys must have better hearing than me, or maybe not 🤭
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

PBT147 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 pm Standard fine for me! experienced Bose before however I just can't kid myself to justify the ridiculous cost over the standard system. No criticism, you guys must have better hearing than me, or maybe not 🤭
Me too, I have the standard system and it's ok, but it's rubbish for a car of this value, I would not cough up another grand to improve it though, I'm just not that into music. On the other hand, my wife's AMG has a Burmester system as standard and it's miles better than the standard one in my Macan, and my Jag had a Bowers and Wilson in it as standard, and it too was far better than the Macan - is it too much to ask that Porsche put a half decent system in as standard - the longer I own a Porsche the more Jaded I'm getting at how poor some of the kit is. :oops:
wilko

Post by wilko »

<t>My justification was really easy.<br/>
20 or so years ago i’d Spend a lot of my leisure time listening to music at home on a hifi that cost me significantly more than at a time in my life where I had significantly less disposable income.<br/>
Now with wife and kids in the house, I get no time on my own to listen to music, so the 10 plus hours a week I spend in my car on my own is the perfect opportunity to enjoy music.</t>
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R