Delays at Emden

All your ordering information here!
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

My Macan S has been at Emden docks for over a month now, blocked in by hundreds of cars and UK docks being busy due to mass of Brexit imports according to my OPC. Just wondering whether any one else is having problems or significant delays or is my order a one off?

Just macan

Post by Just macan »

Yes I had a two weeks delay last month because of the same issue....so no worries ...
cannot wait for this beautiful machine :D :D :D
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

I have same problem.........OPC says its been there for two weeks........it is due to arrive on the 10th May???? Not holding my breath on that one! Will keep you posted
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I got an email from my OPC with a screen shot of the schedule which shows that it left Emden on 29th April (11 days early) but the arrival date Grimsby remained at 10th May. I got some b****t about customs clearance taking time - 11days - I don't believe it. What ever way I look at it something is not correct! Does it matter - no, it's just irritating to be misled.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Ours was completed on 15th April and is being delivered to the dealer tomorrow- no real delays
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

Thanks for the replies, I was told over 400 cars are stuck, was beginning to wonder if something had gone wrong with order, cars ordered after mine at the same dealership have been delivered so guess just unlucky, will wait for news this week.
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

Update: Macan S is still in Emden where it has been for 7 weeks, delay is now down to a hold on 80 vehicles for "quality control" what ever that means and not Brexit issues which was the previous reason given. OPC are making right noises about being "fair" with me, I genuinely think OPC are being kept in the dark about what the actual problem is by Porsche.

Is anyone else having similar problems with extended delays or have better information on what the issue actually is? I have the right to cancel if the order is not fulfilled within 8 weeks but seems draconian. Some better information would make decisions easier.

Thanks
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Quite annoying ........ but not a lot you can do about it :( :(
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

SimonW66 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm Update: Macan S is still in Emden where it has been for 7 weeks,
Does not ring true . . . . my car showed as leaving Emden on 29th April and (don't know where it's been but) it is on a transporter arriving at OPC on 17th May.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Cars being held at Emden (or at the factory gates) is not as uncommon as you might imagine.

My GTS was parked at the factory from May 2016 to early July, complete, apart from a PCM unit which was unavailable because the factory which makes the LED screens was in Japan and had suffered the earthquake.

Quality checks are carried out at , software updates may have been introduced post factory exit which need to be implimented prior to export.

Some country specific badging used to be fitted at the import centre too. It only takes a glitch in the supply chain to cause a delay.

Worst case scenario (and not suggesting for one moment this is the case) was my youngest son’s Polo which was caught in a huge hailstorm at Emden and was delayed for 4 weeks to have the dents removed!

I appreciate you could cancel the order.........but what then (and why would you?)

Are the dealership offering some kind of mobility solution (loan car for the interim period / guaranteed p/x price during the wait?)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465