Porsche ID

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Why does my Macan S forget my Porsche ID and I have to re-enter the pairing code circa once per week?

Is it normal? I hope not.

I use the vehicle every day, so it is odd that once in a while it forgets my settings for no apparent reason. I certainly didn’t log-off.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pivot wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:47 pm Why does my Macan S forget my Porsche ID and I have to re-enter the pairing code circa once per week?

Is it normal? I hope not.

I use the vehicle every day, so it is odd that once in a while it forgets my settings for no apparent reason. I certainly didn’t log-off.
No that's not normal. Sorry, can't help with a solution though. Phone call to Connect helpline?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Nuclear Nick wrote: No that's not normal. Sorry, can't help with a solution though. Phone call to Connect helpline?
Thanks NN
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It is not an unknown problem.

Members here have advised of exactly the same problem, but it has not been reported for a couple of years now.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Tx Col,

I don’t have data signal (3G/4G) in my garage, I wonder if it has anything to do with that? Perhaps it logs-off after it can’t find a signal for ## min?
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Did you choose to be kept logged in? I seem to remember that there is an option for the PCM to save the pairing code, so you don't have to enter it each time.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Semerka wrote:Did you choose to be kept logged in? I seem to remember that there is an option for the PCM to save the pairing code, so you don't have to enter it each time.
Yip, I selected the tick-box to remember the code. I think this is how it holds the setting for few days. Something is tripping it after a week or so.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pivot wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:03 pm Tx Col,

I don’t have data signal (3G/4G) in my garage, I wonder if it has anything to do with that? Perhaps it logs-off after it can’t find a signal for ## min?
I may be wrong but I think Goron may have suffered similar problems as he also garages his Macan in an area where signals are spasmodic. Cannot remember what happened in his case.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Today I was driving my car out of my work basement garage and I have noticed that the car was searching for the 3G/LTE signal. Eventually, the car stopped searching and displayed “No Porsche ID”
I have not spoken to the dealer yet, but I am confident that it is related, if not the root cause.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pivot wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm Today I was driving my car out of my work basement garage and I have noticed that the car was searching for the 3G/LTE signal. Eventually, the car stopped searching and displayed “No Porsche ID”
I have not spoken to the dealer yet, but I am confident that it is related, if not the root cause.
Have you tried the helpline yet? I've found them very helpful in the past and maybe they can give some advice that would help in your discussions with the OPC.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA