Porsche Car Connect APP

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Hitman999 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:01 pm Does this allow you to switch on the ac or heating remotely?
Afraid not.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Hitman, I am watching with interest..............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

bennachie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:39 pm Hitman, I am watching with interest..............
Hi. They insisted on charging me £93 to do it on the day so I declined activation. Not impressed with Leicester OPC. In contrast I contacted another OPC who said they would do it for free. I just need to arrange a date with them. Will keep you posted.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Thanks for the info. Still going to lurk.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

APP even more pointless in the Macan 2 as the mirrors fold automatically when locking using fob, and re open on ignition turn on.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

bennachie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:08 pm Thanks for the info. Still going to lurk.
Hi. I got this activated at the OPC today. Only took around 15 mins and you receive a text message with the activation code. Put this activation code in the phone app and your ready to go. Even though I knew nothing about this when I got my car 2 years ago I was pleasantly surprised that I still got 12 months free.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Eon

Post by Eon »

PBT147 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:21 am Can anyone tell me what remote services are available in the UK via the connect APP in the new Macan. I'm not 100% sure if on the Macan 1 you could lock/unlock the doors remotely? On the Macan 2 I'm struggling to find this function so presume it's not available. Also anyone seen the "climate" function button flash up on the Macan 2 PCM? Both myself and dealer witnessed this but the button disappears before you can press it!! Again not sure if it's just a glitch but would be interesting to know if anyone out there can infact control the heating from the PCM unit like in other models. I was also told the speed radar function is no longer available on the new Macan PCM. All very confusing when trying to get the information from the connected sites!! Thanks in advance for all your help.
Hi PBT147
I've been having some issues with the Porsche connect Apps too. Have accepted all the T&Cs and certain things still aren't active. Have raised with the Porsche connect team but am having to chase them to get anywhere. Even the Porsche dealer has logged in for me and ticked everything he can see and its still not active. They suggested a Factory reset on the car, but this hasn't worked so more chasing and they've opened a ticket to look into it-still waiting
Have noticed thought, that since the factory reset, screen loading seems slower and have notice the climate button appearing . It stays there until you press it and then it disappears-maybe an older version of the software? Or a glitch that they fix coming out of the factory? Just not as seamlessly perfect as it was before the reset, which is a shame.

Other than that, its an amazing bit of kit-love it! Only downside is that it can be a bit frisky at very low speeds....nothing, nothing, nothing...oh sh1t! :lol: :lol:
(Macan S)
Eon

Post by Eon »

Quick update from the Porsche Connect team. Seems to be a bit of an issue with activating the apps on some accounts and we are all under one big ticket now :lol: :lol:
Also with the climate button appearing. They suggested that this is an option on the Hybrid vehicles, so looking into it as it shouldn't be on the new Macan!? Likely to have lost HD too!! Did think it looked a bit different!! :( :(
Rob747

Post by Rob747 »

Hi,

First Post - New Macan S and loving it!

Same experience here. The Porsche "Connect" app functions correctly but is pretty pointless other than providing a gateway to apps such as Nest and Amazon Music. However, for the "Car Connect", despite registering etc, like you I have not been sent an activation code. Have you the contact details you logged the ticket with/link? If we all log this problem the more it will get raised in their priority list!

On a side note, (sorry to go slightly off topic) other annoyances I have found on my new Macan Infotainment: 1. Lack of quick/easy way of muting Navigation announcements - the only way I can find is to take your eyes off the road to navigate through multiple menus. 2. Inability to select tracks from the steering wheel control in the audio menu (on dash display) once the first track of a playlist has completed. (It seems to loose Blutooth control and you have to reconnect via device manager to regain it OR assign your steering wheel button to "skip track"...very annoying!
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

When you hear the nav announcements just use the volume wheel to turn it down. Sorted!