Summer Winter Tyres

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

In situations other than a puncture I'd use a trolly jack with vulcanised rubber adaptor for the Macan jacking points. I carry a piece of wood in the boot to stand my Macan jack on to reduce the risk of slipage, only to be used if I can't contact Porsch assist. Why couldn't Porsche make the Macan jacking points accessable with a scissor jack???
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

We (aka Rob, I just clean the outgoing wheels for storage 😉) swap the wheels ourselves. We have 20" for summer and 18" for winter. We store the unused set in a garden shed.
But when I lived in a flat, I had my local BMW dealer do the swapping and storing for £40 each swap, no charge for storing. Those were the days. 😃

No issues with the TPMS, the sensors have batteries and talk to the car somehow, probably blue teeth or some such. :lol: So you just need to tell the car in the multifunction display which wheels / tyres you fitted and the TPMS will reset after a short drive.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I was in my OPC this afternoon and spotted a display comparing Summer and Winter tyres.

So next time you are at your OPC why not bear this in mind and look at the displays.

After all you can (as I did) only spend so much time looking at the stunning
red 911 GT3 that they have in the showroom.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

Col Lamb wrote:Despite being a weak and feeble old guy, :o so much so that I have to have PS+ in my Macan I had zero problems using the Porsche jack, removing the flat 20” Spyder wheel and lifting it into the boot all by myself.

In fact during the Summer when I can bend enough my wheels are coming off so I can detail them thoroughly.

The Porsche supplied jack sucks big time and is not that stable so if you have to use yours do take care.

Sorry to a certain member, could not resist the dig :D
That made me chuckle [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

First fitted winters to a Pug 107 (don't laugh) in 2010/2011 and went all over in some of the most challenging winter conditions since '63. So winters for me on a spare set of wheels for my Macan S. Way better than 1 foot wide 21 inch tyres when it is colder and wetterer after October. I can still 'use' the car.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
steve w

Post by steve w »

Many owners have voiced their opinions on the pros and cons of fitting winter tyres,personally in all my many years of driving and scores of different vehicles I’ve never fitted winter tyres and that is when winters were winters ,tyre companies would love us all to have different tyres for different seasons.
SteveW
steve w

Post by steve w »

Col Lamb
Did you test drive the GT3
SteveW
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

steve w wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:08 pm Many owners have voiced their opinions on the pros and cons of fitting winter tyres,personally in all my many years of driving and scores of different vehicles I’ve never fitted winter tyres and that is when winters were winters ,tyre companies would love us all to have different tyres for different seasons.
SteveW
Hear, hear.....
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Toto Wolff - “So what do you think of my new tyre strategy Lewis?”

Lewis - “I think it sucks. You’ve given me one set of extra hards and told me they’ve got to last all season! All the other guys have got three sets of softs, three sets of mediums, three sets of hards…”

Toto -“No, no, no Lewis, it’s just a marketing ploy by Michelin to get us to buy more tyres that we don’t need. But just a minute, they’re telling me they’ve brought us a set of All Weather tyres which will last all year, rain or shine. Now that should give you a big advantage over the other guys.”

Lewis - "But Toto....."

Toto - "You'll be fine Lewis, just drive to the conditions!"
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ :lol: :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0