Little white loaner

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

VanB wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:42 pm A 911 is surprisingly "GT" compared to a Cayman or Boxster.

As WingCo said all roads...
Were it only that simple 😢
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I had a Cayman for 24 hours and enjoyed it but for the reasons above (ride, noise) could not live with it as my only every-day car. I am booked in (I think) for a Boxster for 10 days later in the month when they fix 1 or 2 oil leaks. I am sure it will be fun, but again, I prefer something a bit more refined to liver with in the longer term. I have never been in a 911 on the road - maybe that is what I really need! The don't really seem keen to lend them out unless I book a formal test drive though.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I am hoping for an S as it has a bigger engine and might make less of a droning noise when you go over 50, but I bet they only run the standard non-S ones for loan cars.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Just been given this car for a few days while mine is in. I have to say, it isn't as comfortable as their Cayman as this only has the basic seats. It is quite fun, but not that comfortable. My son loves it though!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

VanB wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:42 pm A 911 is surprisingly "GT" compared to a Cayman or Boxster.

As WingCo said all roads...
Probably my age but after an hour 🤔 not so much Grand Tourer more like “Grinding Torso” 😖😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Ian.g wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 pm Just been given this car for a few days while mine is in. I have to say, it isn't as comfortable as their Cayman as this only has the basic seats. It is quite fun, but not that comfortable. My son loves it though!
Can’t see a pic attached, Ian. :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Well I didn’t bother posting a picture as it is the same car as the original post. And it’s raining now!
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I don’t just mean a similar car, it is the same one!
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I have to say that I found the standard seats unbelievably comfortable. Did a 6-7 hour round trip - with a funeral in the middle - and was fine. The noise levels were something else though. For the final 20 minutes or so got the hood down and that was a big improvement. All the booming disappeared.
I also thought it took speed bumps better than the Macan! :shock:
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

The trouble I have with the seats is that I feel there is something stuck behind my shoulders pushing them forwards. And no lumbar support. The car is growing on me, but I wouldn't get one without better seats - like the 14 way ones they have in their Cayman (at least I think that is what it had). As you say, it is noisy, especially with the sport exhaust button pressed. It is very agile though and quite fun!