Post by Tracky »

Sell privately - you will get much more
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

NSinc

Post by NSinc »

adiii wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:27 pm Thank you all for your replies..

I have requested a valuation from a different dealer in the mean time to see, I think I will ask the few I saw online who had the car at around the 72k mark.

I thought the dealer would be more willing if I was buying another car from them :?
Just a thought, and genuinely not trying to be inflammatory, but have you thought about the fact it's a pre facelift and now looks incredibly dated compared to the facelift? Maybe the dealers are concerned about resale values of them tanking as more facelifts come on the road? I don't think anyone expected the new light bar to have such an effect on the older models.... They wouldn't admit this to you of course, but maybe they're hedging their bets at an uncertain time?
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

'Incredibly dated'? should have gone to specsavers.................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^ +1. 'Incredibly dated' is way over the top, suggesting you may have some motive for claiming that. Also the assertion that the new light bar 'has such an effect on older models' is an unfounded presumption.

The changes in the facelift model are fairly minor in fact and so fluctuations in retail prices are much more likely to be reflecting other market forces at this time.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
NSinc

Post by NSinc »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:23 am ^^^ +1. 'Incredibly dated' is way over the top, suggesting you may have some motive for claiming that. Also the assertion that the new light bar 'has such an effect on older models' is an unfounded presumption.

The changes in the facelift model are fairly minor in fact and so fluctuations in retail prices are much more likely to be reflecting other market forces at this time.
Sorry, just opinion. Also the opinion of my local OPC and several of my colleagues and friends, and various review videos on YouTube. So if we're all thinking it, a lot of people must be. Porsche are very good at dating the previous model with the new model and they've done it again here.

It wasn't meant to be inflammatory so sorry if it was perceived that way. I've just ordered a new Macan S at 65k, but if someone said i can have their 68 plate Macan Turbo for 50k, i'd still have gone for the new S. So i think that speaks volumes (and i'm into performance cars, my little commuting car is a 2018 RS3 and i'd have ordered a new Turbo had it been available for order yet).

Again, just offering opinion so please don't flame me! We're all entitled to an opinion and i was offering mine as a reason why dealers may be offering such low PX value on pre-facelifts....
GWL

Post by GWL »

NSinc wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 am I've just ordered a new Macan S at 65k, but if someone said i can have their 68 plate Macan Turbo for 50k, i'd still have gone for the new S. So i think that speaks volumes.
It certainly does.

My last car (BMW X1) was bought new on the basis that it was a radical departure in mechanical design, space, looks, and for the 1st time available with a petrol engine.

However, I don't think much of the above applies to the new Macan. Given the choice you suggest , I'd take the Turbo anyday. Paying £15k more for a light strip across the boot and a slightly wider "infotainment" screen seems a bit OTT.
Surprised those commission-salaried salespeople at Porsche don't agree ;)

However, buying new enables you to spec the car to your exact requirements, have a 3yr warranty and know the car hasn't been 'abused' by a previous owner. Those are the reasons why I will probably buy new next time.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
NSinc

Post by NSinc »

GWL wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 am
NSinc wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 am I've just ordered a new Macan S at 65k, but if someone said i can have their 68 plate Macan Turbo for 50k, i'd still have gone for the new S. So i think that speaks volumes.
It certainly does.

My last car (BMW X1) was bought new on the basis that it was a radical departure in mechanical design, space, looks, and for the 1st time available with a petrol engine.

However, I don't think much of the above applies to the new Macan. Given the choice you suggest , I'd take the Turbo anyday. Paying £15k more for a light strip across the boot and a slightly wider "infotainment" screen seems a bit OTT.
Surprised those commission-salaried salespeople at Porsche don't agree ;)

However, buying new enables you to spec the car to your exact requirements, have a 3yr warranty and know the car hasn't been 'abused' by a previous owner. Those are the reasons why I will probably buy new next time.
I agree with you! Silly of me to think this way but that's why there's so much choice and so many different options right?!? :) If i already had a Turbo then of course i wouldn't swap it. But when i have the choice and the new model is available, there's just something inside me that has to have it! :)
PSEE

Post by PSEE »

In my experience, there are *always* people looking to own a Porsche at pre-owned prices! :shock:

Selling the car on your own will likely bring the highest price :) , while trading to the dealer will
ensure you get the least amount :( for your traded vehicle.

GLWS! (good luck with the sale)

;)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Interesting view on the facelift, I have a replacement Turbo on order, declined the offer of a dealer stock unit as the config and price was blind but unless there are some interesting changes to colour and spec additions, the facelift just hasn’t changed enough in my opinion to merit the swap. We’ll see 🤔
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

My Mrs is far from a snob (she is happy to drive the Leaf most of the time) however when we ordered her Macan she said if she was going to get one she would only want the new shape and now when she sees another one she looks at the back and says “oh look an old one ! 😂
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S