2.0 chip tuning

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

what concensus here? do or don't?
which to use?
be nice to get nearer 300bhp which engine is certainly capable of.

had simple JB+ in BMW. five minute install/uninstall with no problems and undetectable by manufacture

any opinions?

cheers

gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

why not get the right engine in the first place, a 3lts or 3.6?
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Cost and circumstances. Plus some prefer the efficiency of the 2.0
The GTI engine is easily capable of an extra 50bhp. Plus the gap between the 2.0 and 3.0 is too big imho
Anyway seems racechip do one for 150 quid, so if is safe to use seems like a no brainer
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Not sure if anyone on here has mapped the 2.0 Macan. Agree that that particular engine is very popular across many UK tuning companies. Most other parts of the group have it tuned to 300 bhp including close to that in the new Seat SUV.

Not sure why Porsche did not do the same with the recent facelift version

Just ignore the daft comments saying you should have got the 3.0. Some of us did actually choose the 2.0 for our own personal reasons
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

gtipirelli wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:30 pm Not sure if anyone on here has mapped the 2.0 Macan. Agree that that particular engine is very popular across many UK tuning companies. Most other parts of the group have it tuned to 300 bhp including close to that in the new Seat SUV.

Not sure why Porsche did not do the same with the recent facelift version

Just ignore the daft comments saying you should have got the 3.0. Some of us did actually choose the 2.0 for our own personal reasons
The reason must be that the 2.0 with 300bhp would be a better car than the 'S'...... lol
I await abuse for saying that :D
strangely they actually reduced the bhp with the facelift?

May well persue this when I get the car
Was going to do this with my 430i GC with a cheap JB+ inline piggy back unit but at 258bhp i found it more than enough. Plus was worried about detection by BMW and voiding warranty. Although, this was unexpected as this just attached to turbo sensor and raised boost slightly.
I see the Racechip has two conection points instead of one...more research required on the VW/Audi forums me thinks
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Possibly the small reduction in bhp on facelift 2.0 was due to fitting the petrol particulate filters?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

You will get more no’s than yes’s. Having said that, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.
As long as you have informed your insurance company and you are prepared to accept the risks that this could invalidate your Porsche warranty then why not?
Wingco has upgraded his 911 T to great effect and I am seriously contemplating upgrading my GTS.

Ultimately it’s your money and your choice.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

smithy37 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:11 pm You will get more no’s than yes’s. Having said that, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.
As long as you have informed your insurance company and you are prepared to accept the risks that this could invalidate your Porsche warranty then why not?
Wingco has upgraded his 911 T to great effect and I am seriously contemplating upgrading my GTS.

Just had call from insurer as I made an enquire earlier.
46bhp increase cost a fiver, but only covered if manufacture option. Not third party ☹️
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Pacemaker wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:22 pm
smithy37 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:11 pm You will get more no’s than yes’s. Having said that, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Just had call from insurer as I made an enquire earlier.
46bhp increase cost a fiver, but only covered if manufacture option. Not third party ☹️
I haven’t spoken to my insurer yet, but I will.
However, out of curiosity I ran a confused dot com comparison quote on standard & modified & the increase in premium was negligible between the two. I guess I’d serve notice on my current insurer & jump ship if my current insurer won’t play ball.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Robuk

Post by Robuk »

Hi Guys,

I have a tuning box on my C-Class coup petrol turbo, the car has an 1800 156 bhp engine, I wanted petrol, that was the only choice, the box has increased this to around 200 bhp, which it should have been in the first place, I have NO issues what-so-ever, the car now drives brilliantly. The box I have is £165 from Bluespark automotive with a 28 day money back warranty. Visit .briskoda.net/forums/ and search Bluespark.