Headlamp main beam power

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Brousseau

Post by Brousseau »

Hi, My Macan S has H15 bulbs (?) fitted. Does anyone know if it is ok to fit higher power versions instead. Any help appreciated

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

You can, but they probably will be illegal, certainly in the UK. You can fit ‘brighter’ bulbs of the same wattage. Take a look at the Phillips range.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Brousseau

Post by Brousseau »

Will do, Thanks Nick :D
TonyZed

Post by TonyZed »

I bought some Philips LED bulbs but didn't then use them. They are a much brighter white light than the Halogens and look nicer as DRL too.

They cost me £80, but yours for £25 if you want them

TonyZ
Brousseau

Post by Brousseau »

Hi, thanks for reply. Sounds like what I wanted, any chance of model number or similar so I can read about them? Have they been used or any particular reason why not? Whereabouts are you located? Look forward to hearing more 👍
TonyZed

Post by TonyZed »

Hi, sorry for late response!

I bought these online after reading some test comparisons. When I fitted them I couldn't get them to have the right cutoff. I hadn't realised that the flange was adjustable for this purpose.

I bought some different ones which made this clearer. They were much harder to fit or remove though so I left them in there. Hence I have the Philips ones spare. They were only in the car for a couple of weeks and only on as headlights twice. The colour, particularly as DRLs is much nice especially as I have also fitted low beam LEDs. The power as main beam bulbs is much greater than the oem halogens, it is nice to see where I am going now.

Btw, I have since sailed through an MOT with no problems at all.

Tony

p.s I am in Winchester.
Brousseau

Post by Brousseau »

Hi again Tony,
Are the led bulbs Philips XTreme Ultinon Gen 2 LED headlights? If so I will buy them off you.
TonyZed

Post by TonyZed »

Hi again Tony,
Are the led bulbs Philips XTreme Ultinon Gen 2 LED headlights? If so I will buy them off you."

Hi Brousseau

I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know.

Tony
TonyZed

Post by TonyZed »

hi Brousseau

it says, on the very posh box, Luxeon ZES. Colour temp is 6500K and Luminous flux is 4000lm

hope that helps

Tony
Brousseau

Post by Brousseau »

Hi Tony, Id almost given up (0:
Tried to find these LED bulbs and (seems the code is the type of LED not manufacturer) although right fitting H7 (?) they seem to have a huge variation in price. £29 on Amazon and £60 at Auto Lighting & you paid £80. I see also comments that there are a lot of dodgy ones (coming from you know where) floating about.
Given the time it takes to swop them over and all the above I'm now a bit reluctant to take the chance unless you can direct me to where you bought them?? so that I can assure myself. I much appreciate your responses though and so a big thanks.
regards