Transporting the dog in our Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MD77

Post by MD77 »

Having recently purchased our first front engined Porsche, a Macan S Diesel as our family transport I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for a dog crate to transport our Cocker Spaniel safely.

As our dog is not that big, I was hoping to find a solution that would fill up to half of the boot leaving us with some luggage space too, but given the shape of the boot and the sloping rear glass, most of the car cages that we have looked at simply don’t fit. Have any of you experienced Macan’ers found a suitable option?

Many thanks,

paulmac

Post by paulmac »

This has been discussed on PH. Worth a read but I dont think it came up with what you are looking for.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=69&t=1743385

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

MD77 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 am Having recently purchased our first front engined Porsche, a Macan S Diesel as our family transport I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for a dog crate to transport our Cocker Spaniel safely.

As our dog is not that big, I was hoping to find a solution that would fill up to half of the boot leaving us with some luggage space too, but given the shape of the boot and the sloping rear glass, most of the car cages that we have looked at simply don’t fit. Have any of you experienced Macan’ers found a suitable option?

Many thanks,
There is a company called TransKp (https://www.transk9.com/) who do proper crash tested transport crates for dogs. Not sure if they make one for the Macan specifically but they may be able to identify one that will fit if you ask...

Dont have one but have only heard good things about them.

Edited to add - yep, a B32 apparently fits, will take up all of the boot though!
MD77

Post by MD77 »

Hi and thank you for your replies,

I have been doing some further research and have found a firm that say they make a Macan size single cage, they are expensive but seem to be the only option that I can find.
http://www.safedog.co.uk/
I’ll report back in case they are of use for any other Macan owners.
MD77

Post by MD77 »

Thank you for your replies and suggestions, we went for the Safedog Variocage and are pleased with the purchase. Although it was more expensive than I was hoping, it does exactly what we wanted and is easy to remove. The service was excellent, the parcel arrived really quickly, the crate is of excellent build quality and was easy to assemble. Best of all our dog Daisy seems quite happy with it too.

0A9D19E7-3776-4E93-AF47-04540849868F.jpeg

58CF3255-4930-46F2-8D4C-958CFED2ABB9.jpeg

stallturn

Post by stallturn »

Can you tell me what Safedog size that cage is? Their website is not that clear as to what single cage fits into a Macan.

Thanks
MD77

Post by MD77 »

No problem, the only size that fits the Macan is the single XS or evening he double S.

C42BB837-3FA5-43D3-99C0-9D1F3AC55790.jpeg