5 Annoying things about …

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JBA

Post by JBA »

Paul1970 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:17 am “On BMW idrive,for example, all you need to do is turn the volume control knob down during the announcement. If you do the same with Macan, both the navigation announcements plus your music gets turned down - very annoying.”

Actually, you can turn them down separately I think. I use Waze and when there is an instruction there is a small window of opportunity to adjust the volume. If you turn the volume wheel whilst the announcement is happening then the instruction volume only is altered. Do it whilst the music is on and then only that is altered. There are actually 2 different little icons that pop up on screen when you are doing this.

Also, re the dropping mirror my old Golf only dropped the mirror on the offside also. However fortunately I have surround cameras which is my parking aid and has helped protect my very impractical (for London) GTS alloys.

The thing that annoys me is that when I open the boot the whole car is unlocked. And when you lock the car the mirrors don’t auto fold in. So it’s quite easy to leave it unlocked. And why because I want to get something out of the boot does it mean I want the rest of the car open?
Thanks Paul 1970. I actually tried that but music still gets turned down. It might be because I have 2017 GTS Macan?
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024

JBA

Post by JBA »

Col M wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:42 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:17 am “On BMW idrive,for example, all you need to do is turn the volume control knob down during the announcement. If you do the same with Macan, both the navigation announcements plus your music gets turned down - very annoying.”

Actually, you can turn them down separately I think. I use Waze and when there is an instruction there is a small window of opportunity to adjust the volume. If you turn the volume wheel whilst the announcement is happening then the instruction volume only is altered. Do it whilst the music is on and then only that is altered. There are actually 2 different little icons that pop up on screen when you are doing this.
I got the separate volume control for Nav Announcements and Music on my 2016 PCM4.0 with a PCM system update last week.
Thanks Col M. I took my Macan in for tyre change and rear wiper adjustment last month but the OPC did not mention I needed a PCM update. Is a PCM update complimentary and how can I find out myself if it is outdated?
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Thanks Paul 1970. I actually tried that but music still gets turned down. It might be because I have 2017 GTS Macan?
[/quote]

Mine is a 2018 bit would have thought they worked the same. I’ve discovered that there is the tiniest window of opportunity which only works as the Nav is speaking.

Saying that however, I just realised that I am always on WAZE rather than Porsche Satnav and I have no idea how it all works with the Porsche satnav because I’ve never used it.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Col M

Post by Col M »

JBA wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:14 am
Col M wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:42 pm

I got the separate volume control for Nav Announcements and Music on my 2016 PCM4.0 with a PCM system update last week.
Thanks Col M. I took my Macan in for tyre change and rear wiper adjustment last month but the OPC did not mention I needed a PCM update. Is a PCM update complimentary and how can I find out myself if it is outdated?
Don't think so. The OPC had agreement with Porsche connect to do a physical map update as my system has not successfully detected updates for 15months. But found a firmware update was required first. They were disappointed that they couldn't charge for it... It took 6 hours but it's not like it tied up an engineer!

Old Software version: MH12_ER_POG11_K3299 0807

Now: MH12_ER_POG11_K5126 1394
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Paul wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:00 am
jk88 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:56 am Just as well you bought a facelift Macan otherwise you'd be adding to your list the absurd inability to have the exterior mirrors fold automatically on locking :(
..just hold the lock button down that little bit longer.....works fine (although admittedly not “fully” automatic)
That's what I do, just would prefer not to have to keep pressing the lock button while it thinks about it plus the pan roof sun blind starts to close at the same time. Probably a couple of lines of code that they have finally bothered to add for the facelift.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Glad all our problems are minor - no one complaining about engine, gearbox, handling and other important things! My own grievance is that the auto stop/start and coasting modes are the same button. Totally crazy - two completely different functions controlled by the same button.

I want to be able to control when the car can coast. Coasting is useful on faster roads - A roads and motorways. However I don't want it on in town driving and also when going down hills. It just leads to continually using the brakes, as opposed to using the engine and gears to slow down.

So I end up having to choose which function is more important to me at any time. This is generally 'button on' when town driving and driving on hilly roads. I don't want coasting however I'm losing out on stop/start which is vaguely useful in town driving. I then use 'button off' on faster road driving, where coasting is useful and stop/start won't kick in anyway.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
goron59

Post by goron59 »

JBA wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:24 pm Lack of Android auto integration is a massive oversight and frankly quite embarrassing when compared to mass and other premium- but- less premium brands.
I had a go with Android Auto in a Merc loaner recently. It had both AA and CarPlay.

CarPlay was gorgeous, full screen, bright and clear and easy to use (albeit without a touch screen in this car)
Android Auto looked like this:

IMG_5072.jpeg

1/3 of the screen taken up with a rather pointless logo and Google Maps looked worse on here than it does on CarPlay.

I know Google is scrapping Android Auto and replacing it with monolithic Google App at some point soon, so it might explain why it gets no love, but really, if you've got both in a modern premium (2019 Merc) car, you'd choose CarPlay.

Edit to include screenshot from CarPlay on same system:

IMG_5086.png

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Ever heard of an Atlas? :roll:
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:17 am Ever heard of an Atlas? :roll:
Charles?
Macan S D
718 S
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Did someone call?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8