Air Suspension - is this a fault?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
lookalike50

Post by lookalike50 »

Hi Everyone,

A question if I may for all you Macaneers with Air Suspension. I have a 2017 model and of late I've noticed the car dropping at the front end after leaving it parked up for a couple of days....in particular the front left. By dropping I mean completely emptying itself of air - the bodywork is virtually sitting on the rubber. It would be quite a mean look if it didn't look drunk.

The Good-to-Know app does quote "If vehicles with Air Suspension are left stationary for several weeks, the ride height can be reduced..." I get that, but this is after 48 hours and is uneven. I should point out it does re-inflate fine as soon as the drivers door opens, so is not an issue when in use.

So, I promised a question, does anyone else's do this? Is this normal/acceptable, or is it something that needs fixing?

I know you like pictures, so here's what I mean...

IMG_1253_2.jpg

IMG_1254_2.jpg

IMG_1255_2.jpg

I look forward to hearing your thoughts,
Bruce

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Yes, it seems like you have a leak.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Does it do this regardless of where it is parked, ie whether level ground or uneven slopes? If so, it would seem to be a fault.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
pmb968

Post by pmb968 »

Hi, I have air suspension and it too sometimes drops right down at the front like that over course of a weekend, it’s done it for well over a year. Had it serviced in the meantime by OPC Bristol and they didn’t identify anything wrong with the car, so I’m hoping it’s ok and normal- would be really interested to hear if this is something I should be worried about though !
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

My Macan has air suspension and is about 10 months old. I've never noticed it drooping and I do sometimes leave it for a few days. I'd at least phone and ask the OPC and, depending on their response, book it in for a closer look.
lookalike50

Post by lookalike50 »

Thanks everyone for your comments. It's only ever parked for long durations on my own drive Nick which is flat, so can't comment on the behaviour on a slope. There are a couple of things I'd like to book it in for, so will suggest leaving it with them on a Friday so that it's in that state Monday morning. Fingers crossed I'll have a toy for the weekend! I'll post their feedback when I get it as it appears I'm not alone.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I suggest you show or send them the pics just before or when you take it in.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 pm I suggest you show or send them the pics just before or when you take it in.
+1. Yeah, they're a sceptical bunch and a picture is worth a thousand words.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I have a 2017 model with air, I left it for two weeks whilst I was on holiday last month and the height did not drop. I would suggest you have an issue.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I dropped my car off at OPC for some warranty work. Drove a Macan loaner back and switched it off, the air suspension didn’t drop.

Mine has air suspension and rides fine but it does drop virtually as soon as I lock the doors. Thought it was normal as air compressor must switch off but noticed the loaner car has not dropped at all in the two hours it has been parked.

@lookalike50, did you ever get yours checked out? I’m thinking of contacting OPC to ask them to check mine whilst it’s in.

On a lighter note, I can confirm the 2.0 Macan does have some sort of launch control (I.e without the message in the MFD) :lol: