Dash cam fitted!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Will add pics later but wanted to say there is power and space behind the overhead console for install.
As reported it’s necessary to buy the retaining clips in advance as they are nearly impossible to remove without damage. £14
And don’t forget the swap out the ugly yellow bulbs while you’re at it :D

Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

MORE INFO please..
Type and model?..
Wiring?..
Rear cam?...
Ease of review?..
Via an app?...
Chip?...
Auto use or turn on each time?..
Etc
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Pacemaker

More info and pics please!!!
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Pacemaker

I am told by my OPC that if DC is fitted it may invalidate your warranty if it is hard wired?? That is why they would not do it for me unless I signed a contract agreeing that.........thats why I do not have,as yet,a HW DC
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Thanks for the info.
Hard wired? Well what I usually do is attach a 12v female via a piggyback fuse in the fuse box and then plug ANY dashcam etc in, which has its individual fuse as well.
However as I’d gone to the hassle of removing the overhead console to swap out the yellow bulbs I searched and found an ignition live and used this. Saved jamming cable down A pillar etc and connecting to fuse box. Connection is just with a crimp spur connector.
Never gave a thought to warranty tbh and never have. That’s a new one on me. Suppose fuse box connection could be easily disconnected but on view whereas this is invisible .

Will be removing console tomorrow to fit new clips so will take pics
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Pacemaker

Yes, first paragraph is the accepted way of doing it.......except for Porsche of course!!
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Ha, changed mind today after comments and wired direct to fuse box as usual. Mainly down to difficulty in removing overhead console should something go wrong but also as couldn’t verify what cable I connected to.
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Wise move.....were you able to hide all cables?
Salty

Post by Salty »

I would be really interested in more info on this as I have considered one in the past but think that they usually look ugly and I don’t want any wires showing anywhere.
You would think that it would be an item in the options list these days. Along with a auto rear view mirror that is linked to the memory function which changes seats wing mirrors etc.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Easy to hide all wires. Tuck into headliner and then door rubbers. Five minute job to get to fuse box on U.K. passenger side.
Piggyback fuse holder and female 12v holder needed then just plug camera in. Plug and holder tuck into space above fuses wrapped to avoid and possible rattle.