Service items, Macan SD?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guy

Post by Guy »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 pm But in the link above, the comment underneath the prices says that a transmission oil & filter change is included?
I queried this with Porsche UK based on the old pricing, but which had exactly the same wording about PDK oil, and their response (dated 29 July) follows:

I can confirm that the fixed price of £950 for 4 year/40,000 mile service does not include the cost to drain and refill transmission oil plus filter change. Your preferred Porsche Centre will be able to confirm the additional cost.

We acknowledge that this isn’t necessarily clear on the attached. Thank you for bring this to our attention, the page will be amended very shortly.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

So, not only is there a huge price rise, but they’re doing significantly less work for the inflated charge?! :shock:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

So it’s a vehicle check and engine oil change? The oil change bit is well paid for at about £225 usually.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

oil and filter £65 delivered (mobile 1)
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Brake fluid should be changed if it fails a test , not just because it is four years old. It is the same with many items on a Porsche service they should be tested not just changed because of age. On this weeks major service £332 labour.
I will be going to my local garage next year as I only used Porsche because I had the extended warranty, they don't have nice coffee or lots of staff but first class mechanics
Guy

Post by Guy »

I cancelled my 4 year SD service that was booked for Silverstone on Thursday as I was unwell.

Prior to re-booking, I have just been doing a little research and there is something a bit strange going on with regard to 'Fixed Price Servicing'.

Back in 2017, the 'fixed price servicing' price list had a Macan SD 4 year/40,000 mile service listed at £560, plus another £95 for brake fluid change, total £655.

The fixed price servicing list for earlier this year showed the same service as £950, but this included brake fluid change.

The new fixed price service list shows the same service as £1150, again including brake fluid change.

So in 20 months the service cost has risen from £655 to £1150, or 76%! I cannot see that anything extra is included.

I am naturally suspicious that this is 'price fixed' rather than 'fixed price' :shock:

My plan now is to ring a few of the non-participating dealers (Hatfield, Reading, Cambridge) on Monday and see what they quote for the same service - update to follow!
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

dealerships need to recover income from no new sale over the past 12 months.
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Booked my Macan in for its scheduled service in October and had the following quotes - one with and one without the 40k miles transmission fluid/filter change. As I'm on 31k miles I can probably get away with a mere £850 for the service :roll:

Considering an Audi major service is £399 +£65 for brake fluid it really is a rip-off :(

Macan Service Costs.jpg

Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Guy wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:04 pm I cancelled my 4 year SD service that was booked for Silverstone on Thursday as I was unwell.

Prior to re-booking, I have just been doing a little research and there is something a bit strange going on with regard to 'Fixed Price Servicing'.

Back in 2017, the 'fixed price servicing' price list had a Macan SD 4 year/40,000 mile service listed at £560, plus another £95 for brake fluid change, total £655.

The fixed price servicing list for earlier this year showed the same service as £950, but this included brake fluid change.

The new fixed price service list shows the same service as £1150, again including brake fluid change.

So in 20 months the service cost has risen from £655 to £1150, or 76%! I cannot see that anything extra is included.

I am naturally suspicious that this is 'price fixed' rather than 'fixed price' :shock:

My plan now is to ring a few of the non-participating dealers (Hatfield, Reading, Cambridge) on Monday and see what they quote for the same service - update to follow!
My recent 40k from Hatfield OPC was £1,150 plus £160 for brake fluid change.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Guy

Post by Guy »

Panthera wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:25 pm Booked my Macan in for its scheduled service in October and had the following quotes - one with and one without the 40k miles transmission fluid/filter change. As I'm on 31k miles I can probably get away with a mere £850 for the service :roll:

Considering an Audi major service is £399 +£65 for brake fluid it really is a rip-off :(
Yes I have re-booked mine for a couple of weeks' time and the quotes that I got are similar to the one on the right - I am on just 21000 miles.

On checking, it appears that when Porsche increased the fixed price 4yr/40000mile service from £950 to £1150 they also included the transmission oil change.

I'll probably combine the transmission oil change with my next minor service in 2021, when I hit the 6 year rather than 40k mile limit.