Macan - problems

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
happy days

Post by happy days »

frankstar123 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:02 pm . Wow. Can't imagine what the 718 S is like.
Fantastic!
Macan S D
718 S

fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

frankstar123 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:04 pm Oh yeah back to the car. I spoke to a nice chap today and told me my position and formally requested Porsche give me a replacement or money back. I'm not sure how I stand on the £1K spent on 7 year ceramic covering or the Tax on a new car if they refund me. (not my preferred option) but if they cant get me a replacement for months what option do I have....
I think you need to move from your formal request for a replacement or money back to a formal demand!
I tried the formal request route with some issues with my 2019 macan S and got nowhere just empty promises, so you will have to forgive me with my preferred option which had to be a "demand", which worked perfectly in this case........
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

frankstar123 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:04 pm Oh yeah back to the car. I spoke to a nice chap today and told me my position and formally requested Porsche give me a replacement or money back. I'm not sure how I stand on the £1K spent on 7 year ceramic covering or the Tax on a new car if they refund me. (not my preferred option) but if they cant get me a replacement for months what option do I have....
When you "sell" the car to the dealer, you fill in the appropriate section on the V5 and send it to the DVLA. They will send you a refund for the remaining tax on your car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Tax is refunded automatically these days................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

718 is nice, but not an aural patch on the 981 'six'...................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
GWL

Post by GWL »

On-Track wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Actually you can insist on a replacement or your money back. You should insist on speaking to the dealer principal and point out they have failed three times to identify and rectify the suspension issues so you want a replacement car. This is actually a right under the "Sale of Goods Act" as the "good" (i.e. the car) is not of merchantable quality.
The Sale of Goods act became obsolete in 2015. It has been replaced by the Consumer Rights Act.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i