2019 Macan turbo UK delivery times

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JonD

Post by JonD »

I spoke with my nearest dealer last week to enquire when he'd have a new Macan turbo I could drive and how long the delivery time would be.

He anticipated early October for the former and to expect delivery of a built to personal spec car as early as November but definitely before the end of THIS year!!!

Do I detect sales flimflam here or am I just being unduly cynical?

mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

Well, I suppose it depends whether you believe car salesman. I don't. If they said it was Tuesday on a Tuesday, I'd check the day to make sure. Generally, I find them to be appalling in what is a horrible business. I may be bitter, sure, but I've had fill of them.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Now on my 3rd Porsche I can say each one has been delivered early so I have no reason to distrust what I’ve been told by my Porsche SE.

Audi is a different matter altogether!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

I live near Hull currently drive a GLC 63S but looking to change for a Macan Turbo. There's an OPC opening nearby in early 2020, probably January. I've had a preliminary chat with the dealership even before it's officially open and been told that I could have a Macan Turbo in Jan/Feb '20 if I ordered soon. All I have to do is decide on the spec and that's easier said than done!
ken ob

Post by ken ob »

I have had a Turbo on order since 3rd July - before the model officially existed.
Car was built week ending 6th September and is currently sitting at Embden docks.
Latest news i have is that the certificate of conformity has not yet been granted so even though the car might be at the dealers soon it can't be released. A possible date of 6th November keeps cropping up for hand over to me.
Anybody else got any further news about this ?

Ken
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

My mate has new turbo on order

Build Oct for Nov del - ordered about 3 weeks ago
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

ken ob wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:37 am I have had a Turbo on order since 3rd July - before the model officially existed.
Car was built week ending 6th September and is currently sitting at Embden docks.
Latest news i have is that the certificate of conformity has not yet been granted so even though the car might be at the dealers soon it can't be released. A possible date of 6th November keeps cropping up for hand over to me.
Anybody else got any further news about this ?

Ken
Why a two month wait ?

Our new s , subject to same certificate, all came through quickly.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
ken ob

Post by ken ob »

Tracky wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:35 pm Why a two month wait ?
The info i have is that they only started building the Turbo model at the start of September so i assume October or November delivery
(as mentioned by someone else) is par for the course for anybody who has placed an order.
Didn't the certificate of conformity cause similar delays for the S model ?

Ken
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

Anyone managed to get any price knocked off for the new Macan Turbo?
I sold my Turbo PP earlier this year and quite keen to.hwt back to the Macan fold.
Not sure to wait for a GTS or a Turbo S/PP model or go for the Turbo now...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

ken ob wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:20 pm
Tracky wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:35 pm Why a two month wait ?
The info i have is that they only started building the Turbo model at the start of September so i assume October or November delivery
(as mentioned by someone else) is par for the course for anybody who has placed an order.
Didn't the certificate of conformity cause similar delays for the S model ?

Ken
I think you are right it did cause issues for some. We were clearly lucky !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S