Upgrades/modifications/retrofits?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Just wondering what you guys have done/added to your Macans since buying them?

I would imagine this would be more likely to be those of us who have bought a used one, as opposed to brand new after speccing them yourselves.

I’ve had a reverse camera and a TDI Tuning box done so far (on my 17 Macan Diesel).

I’m also considering sports exhaust, steering plus, and even LED headlights as retrofits.

Or, I might just trade it in for a Macan Turbo! ;) [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

The latter is the sensible option................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Post by 238 »

Leesparky wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:15 pm Just wondering what you guys have done/added to your Macans since buying them?

I would imagine this would be more likely to be those of us who have bought a used one, as opposed to brand new after speccing them yourselves.

I’ve had a reverse camera and a TDI Tuning box done so far (on my 17 Macan Diesel).

I’m also considering sports exhaust, steering plus, and even LED headlights as retrofits.

How much did you pay for the reversing camera? Was it done by an OPC or Indie garage? I'm thinking about doing the same.
MacanFor911GTS

Post by MacanFor911GTS »

I guess you could add to this question.... “what would you like to upgrade?” as a lot will be determined by Porsche Warranty.

I’ve not done any mods yet but on my list would be:

- a tow bar. I don’t particularly want to pay £1,800 for an electric one! 😔
- think it would look nicer if it was ever so slightly lowered. Let’s face it, like 95% of Macan owners, I’m going to go off road in it!
- don’t find mine needing anymore power to be honest (mine’s a GTS) but if I had an older diesel I probably would look to chip it
- my own choice of tyres, Pilot Sport 4s which I don’t think Porsche allow for the Macan (is that right?)
- Privacy glass in the back was on my list - which I was told Porsche ‘may’ not approve for the warranty - but I’m fine living without it now tbh
- front grills from zunsport to protect the rads. This will always a point of frustration on my 911 cars as the roads are unprotected and slap bang in the firing line for stones hitting them!

Interested in what everyone else is wanting!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Leesparky wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:15 pm

It seems to me that Porsche drivers in the US are a lot more into modifications than your typical UK owner.

I seem to be the exception to the rule, having had my 2018 Carrera T extensively modified. :shock:

I think the LED retrofit would prove prohibitively expensive...

And yes, by the time you've paid for all those mods listed above, it might prove no more expensive to upgrade to a Turbo... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

238 wrote:
Leesparky wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:15 pm Just wondering what you guys have done/added to your Macans since buying them?

How much did you pay for the reversing camera? Was it done by an OPC or Indie garage? I'm thinking about doing the same.
£750 fitted. Used John Kleis in Reading 1 mile from my house :)
Absolutely superb job. Can’t tell the difference between factory fit or retrofit.

Really stops me worrying while reversing! :)

Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Wing Commander wrote:
Leesparky wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:15 pm

It seems to me that Porsche drivers in the US are a lot more into modifications than your typical UK owner.

I seem to be the exception to the rule, having had my 2018 Carrera T extensively modified. :shock:

I think the LED retrofit would prove prohibitively expensive...

And yes, by the time you've paid for all those mods listed above, it might prove no more expensive to upgrade to a Turbo... ;)
Yep, I was being a little tongue in cheek, but adding them all up might be less expensive to just get the Turbo!

I’ll wait to see what my next quarterly sales bonus is like first though ;)

wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

I added Power Steering Plus on the last service.
Will probably add Apple Car Play on the next one.

Both electronic OPC installs that don't take much time or effort. No physical changes made to the Holly.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
MacanFor911GTS

Post by MacanFor911GTS »

wizzzard wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 am I added Power Steering Plus on the last service.
Will probably add Apple Car Play on the next one.

Both electronic OPC installs that don't take much time or effort. No physical changes made to the Holly.
FYI - I got quoted £263 incl VAT before I was buying the car.

I tried the car and didn’t feel the need for power steering plus tbh. Tried cars back to back too.

Apple car play - would be interested in how much this would cost? I’ve got a 2016 car
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Can't see the need for Carplay. I have it and never use it..................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'