M135i

The place to discuss everything else..
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

Since we're on BMW's, has anyone any comments on the new primary instruments binnacle - speedo, rev-counter & central nav map - (I7, I think), which has attracted some criticism from reviewers for being confusing?

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

No, but the two things I think are horrendous on these beemers are the huge ugly grilles and the iPad stuck on the dash. Oh, there’s a third thing, the depreciation.

Hope I haven’t offended anyone here.........
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

I saw the X3M Competition too.

A few pics ...

20190820_154401.jpg

20190820_154129.jpg

20190820_153859.jpg

20190820_153849.jpg

20190820_154243.jpg

20190820_153841.jpg

Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:43 pm No, but the two things I think are horrendous on these beemers are the huge ugly grilles and the iPad stuck on the dash. Oh, there’s a third thing, the depreciation.

Depreciation is always bad. I got a quote from Carwow for the X3M Competition and one dealer was offering 20% discount!
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Macananon wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:28 pm You need to add your bmer to your signature
I considered doing so, but thought it may not be the right thing on a Macan forum. Anyway, will do.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hitman999 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:09 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:43 pm No, but the two things I think are horrendous on these beemers are the huge ugly grilles and the iPad stuck on the dash. Oh, there’s a third thing, the depreciation.

Depreciation is always bad. I got a quote from Carwow for the X3M Competition and one dealer was offering 20% discount!
Nick, I've never been offendend on this lovely forum, the BMW one has introduced me to whole group of owners I thought were extinct though.
YES, the new grilles are not a good looking upgrade, universally denounced on the Beemer forum. The concept 4 series is horrendous, although so are those on the current Lexus cars.
The screen is a lot better than those in Mercedes, and the iDrive system is superb, even voice control works well.
Depreciation - well it's almost universal, esp in a mass produced brand. However buying through Car Wow really helped reduce the price of mine. Not sure it will work well with a new Porsche though.
As others have said, BMW fit good tech and some driver controls that would be nice to see in a Porsche.

BMW-Concept-4-Series-frankfurt-20-1024x683.jpg

Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:24 am
Hitman999 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:09 am

Nick, I've never been offendend on this lovely forum, the BMW one has introduced me to whole group of owners I thought were extinct though.
YES, the new grilles are not a good looking upgrade, universally denounced on the Beemer forum. The concept 4 series is horrendous, although so are those on the current Lexus cars.
The screen is a lot better than those in Mercedes, and the iDrive system is superb, even voice control works well.
Depreciation - well it's almost universal, esp in a mass produced brand. However buying through Car Wow really helped reduce the price of mine. Not sure it will work well with a new Porsche though.
As others have said, BMW fit good tech and some driver controls that would be nice to see in a Porsche.
BMW-Concept-4-Series-frankfurt-20-1024x683.jpg
How was your experience through Carwow? I am considering using them for my next car purchase. Like you said if you are getting a decent discount at the start then it can somewhat ease the depreciation. I am test driving the X3M Competition this coming weekend.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Hitman999 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:45 am How was your experience through Carwow? I am considering using them for my next car purchase. Like you said if you are getting a decent discount at the start then it can somewhat ease the depreciation. I am test driving the X3M Competition this coming weekend.
Probably worth casting your net wider than just Carwow. I've never found them to be specially competitive on discounts, though this particular deal sounds like it might be an exception. These days, you tend to get up to 6 'bids' or responses to a CW enquiry and it depends which dealers get in first with a bid. And once the six are in then you'll get no more unless you resubmit a new enquiry. It's pot luck as to whether the first six contain a good or mediocre discount - sometimes you hit lucky but more often it's just a bunch of low to middling discounts.

Personally I tend to look at all of Carfile, Drivethedeal, autoebid and carwow (and there are plenty of others too). I quite like Carfile - they are one of the longest established and more reputable of all the brokers though not necessarily with the very biggest discounts. But few of the brokers seem to deal with all brands so may need to pick and choose depending on which model you're after.

And, I dare say you're well aware of this, but for the record: You have to be quite careful to look at the small print to distinguish between prices for cash and for PCP or other form of credit. The headline discounts often require you to take credit of some type, with eg £1-2K less discount if you're buying for cash.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hitman999 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:45 am
How was your experience through Carwow? I am considering using them for my next car purchase. Like you said if you are getting a decent discount at the start then it can somewhat ease the depreciation. I am test driving the X3M Competition this coming weekend.
Give it a go, nothing to lose, Car Wow response was quick and easy, no hassle at all. I was given 5 offers, I checked out each 'proper' dealer, after some research I settled on the one with the biggest discount, the ones I did not contact left me alone.
I called the franchised dealer with the best offer, 18% as I recall. As it turned out, the dealer I selected, Sopers of Lincoln, turned out to be excellent, unlike my local dealer.

So, without Car Wow I would not have found the dealer I bought from, not sure if I needed Car Wow to get the discount though. I guess the offers will give you an idea of what price to aim for with any dealer.
GWL

Post by GWL »

I've previously used Coast2Coast Cars - but only to see what sort of discount is available. Also, you can configure your car and get a target price without giving any personal details.

When I bought my M135i in 2014, from memory Coast2Coast quoted about 15% discount (which I found out was from Coopers in Reading). I used this as a target discount and went and haggled with a few BMW dealers near me who got into a bit of a bidding war - eventually got about 17% off :D
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i