Transmission oil leak

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Well it shouldn’t leak and there is no method of monitoring oil level so they should fix the leak.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Ian.g wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:45 pm As far as I can tell there is oil covering the whole of the bottom of the PDK and a couple of drips. It is clearly worse than last year. I suppose that might only be 5mL of oil (or less) leaked over 2 years but I worry that it will get worse.
I’m no engineer but surely if oil can leak out does that not mean contaminants can get into the gearbox. I would not see a leak as being acceptable.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

So I took it in for service this morning and showed them the picture. Phone call at 5.30 to tell me all was fine and they had done the service but couldn’t find any oil leak - could I send them that picture please? I will see if they have found it tomorrow morning when I collect it! Very odd since it is pretty obvious.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Apparently they had to remove some covers underneath to see the leak (odd since I didn’t have to) and although the oil is on the bottom of the PDK they can’t see where it is coming from. So they have cleaned it up, chalk sprayed it (again) and want to have another look in 1000 miles. I suppose they want to be absolutely sure before changing the PDK.
Had a Cayman for 24 hours which was fun, but not sure I would want to live with one as my only car!
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Back again today for another look. It turns out the leak is coming from a seal somewhere in or around the PDK which needs replacing. No need to replace the PDK, just the seal. They also noticed an oil leak coming from the cam cover (although it might just be a drip). They will look at this (and rectify if needed) when they do the PDK seal. So they have booked it in for 1.5 weeks as the engine oil thing is a bigger job if it needs doing. I can't believe it will take that long, but there we go. 2 days for the PDK and another 6 or 7 for the other leak if indeed there really is one.
Since it is booked for June, I asked for a Boxster rather than a Cayman!
Paul

Post by Paul »

..an ongoing saga but at least it sounds as if they have finally got the the bottom of it!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

What was the outcome of this please? I now have the same issue, bad enough not to let my wife drive the car home from Guildford Porsche. It was only in for the pre warranty check as it’s two weeks short of three years old. We are now left without a car at all (it’s the only car we have) for three days. Not good considering the car has only 13k miles and is not driven hard.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Kleynie wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:49 pm What was the outcome of this please? I now have the same issue, bad enough not to let my wife drive the car home from Guildford Porsche. It was only in for the pre warranty check as it’s two weeks short of three years old. We are now left without a car at all (it’s the only car we have) for three days. Not good considering the car has only 13k miles and is not driven hard.
Did the OPC not offer a loan car?
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Makanik wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:37 am
Kleynie wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:49 pm What was the outcome of this please? I now have the same issue, bad enough not to let my wife drive the car home from Guildford Porsche. It was only in for the pre warranty check as it’s two weeks short of three years old. We are now left without a car at all (it’s the only car we have) for three days. Not good considering the car has only 13k miles and is not driven hard.

No, they did not have one available
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:16 am
Makanik wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:37 am

No, they did not have one available
Easy with hindsight, but if the car is “off the road” you are entitled to a mobility solution (Enterprise hire car) through Porsche Assist.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465