Macan goes swimming!!!

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Should not have braked! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Posted by the smug Elon Musk?! :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

The Tesla shouldn’t have been hogging the middle lane. 😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Dandock wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:29 pm The Tesla shouldn’t have been hogging the middle lane. 😂
Very true.

Idiot Porsche driver too. Should not be allowed to drive another Porsche :lol: :lol:
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

ScotMac wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 pm
Dandock wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:29 pm The Tesla shouldn’t have been hogging the middle lane. 😂
Very true.

Idiot Porsche driver too. Should not be allowed to drive another Porsche :lol: :lol:
Appalling driving to dive through that gap. But he clearly hadn’t done his PEC training. 😂
pmg

Post by pmg »

Macan appears to be on at least 20-inch wheels. Should have stuck to 18/19.s as narrower and less prone to aquaplaning!!
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

"OCT 09, 2019 at 7:50AM

By: Gustavo Henrique Ruffo
Here’s a friendly reminder that speed and rain do not get along well.
People often say that the best way to learn is from other people’s mistakes. Apart from the late Ayrton Senna, nobody likes to drive in the rain. There is always the danger of hydroplaning. If you have never experienced it or seen it on the highway, here’s a friendly reminder of what it can cause. Speed and rain do not get along well, as TeslaCam shows in this video.

Gallery: TeslaCam Shows You A Porsche Macan Hydroplaning And Hitting Wall
TeslaCam Shows You A Porsche Macan Hydroplaning And Hitting Wall

This crash happened in Miami with an unfortunate Porsche Macan. Probably on October 8, since the video is very recent, but with no relevant information on the description. According to TimeAndDate.com, it rained there at around 6 AM, which is probably the time when the accident occurred.

Our filming Tesla was on the right on the Interstate 95, Northbound. There was a van on the left – probably a Ford Transit Connect – when the Porsche enters in front of it. Way too close, so it accelerates to make a distance between them. And this is the Macan’s driver main mistake.

The video shows there is a lot of water on the tarmac. Despite all electronic assistance, the Macan has really wide tires, which makes it more prone to hydroplaning. When it gets very close to the Tesla, it starts to move sideways towards the left. Enough for a 180 degrees turn that only stops on the freeway walls.

The Macan bounces back and forth until its rear hits the concrete barrier for good. That stops the car in a relatively safe position. All cars coming from behind the Porsche seem to slow down. Apart from the scary situation and some damages to the Macan, it all seems to have ended up better than expected.

Things could have gone much, much worse than that. The hydroplaning Porsche could have gone right and hit the Tesla. They could have blocked the road, and people driving behind them could have crashed on both cars.

When you get rain on the road, respect the signs that tell you to go a little slower. That may be the difference between arriving wherever you go safely or becoming a passenger at the steering wheel with unpredictable consequences. Drive safe."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

The knob in the Porsche was actually pretty lucky he didn't end up barrel rolling down the road. To be fair I have never seen anyone driving a Macan badly in the UK. You seem like a very sensible bunch! Can't say the same for a good few Audi and VW Golf drivers though, lol. I've come to expect the worst behaviour from those.
VanB

Post by VanB »

An instructor at PEC said to me that with the very wide tyres fitted to most Porsches it is important to be aware that in wet conditions they can act like skis and it is easy to aquaplane if not being sensible. This has really stuck in my mind and strikes me as excellent advice.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate