M135i

The place to discuss everything else..
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I found CarWow very efficient and easy to use. Got the 6 x bids through and then used the best to negotiate with my local dealer. They matched the 23% discount for a factory build order SEAT Leon 2.0i FR.

CarWow are no good for a Porsche buy though! :(
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:24 am
Hitman999 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:09 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:43 pm No, but the two things I think are horrendous on these beemers are the huge ugly grilles and the iPad stuck on the dash. Oh, there’s a third thing, the depreciation.

Hope I haven’t offended anyone here.........
Depreciation is always bad. I got a quote from Carwow for the X3M Competition and one dealer was offering 20% discount!
Nick, I've never been offendend on this lovely forum, the BMW one has introduced me to whole group of owners I thought were extinct though.
YES, the new grilles are not a good looking upgrade, universally denounced on the Beemer forum. The concept 4 series is horrendous, although so are those on the current Lexus cars.
The screen is a lot better than those in Mercedes, and the iDrive system is superb, even voice control works well.
Depreciation - well it's almost universal, esp in a mass produced brand. However buying through Car Wow really helped reduce the price of mine. Not sure it will work well with a new Porsche though.
As others have said, BMW fit good tech and some driver controls that would be nice to see in a Porsche.
BMW-Concept-4-Series-frankfurt-20-1024x683.jpg
Good to see you back on the forum BBR, albeit in the ‘wrong’ brand :lol: . It’s good that we have the off topic topic where we can still have informative conversations about other makes we own or use from time to time.
It’s a long time since I drove a beemer so I’m not familiar with current tech. I have to say your convertible looks rather nice, especially in the sun, and doesn’t have the design extremes that that are appearing now on a few models. Why is that some designers think that’s what we want?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Yes, Nick, you and many other formum members were very helpful with my Macan queries. I see the posts every day but only comment where I can add something.
New car design is very difficult to judge until we see it in the metal, so I'll reserve judgement for now on the proposed 4 series. I rather like the revised Macan, and pleased to see the retention of the buttons. The loss of them and over reliance on touch controls in the current Panamera was a major reason to not buy one.
Tech and some minor controls on the BMW is excellent, some simple things that would be good to see on any Porsche, not that everything is better.
The convertible was due to Mrs B, who has played a leading role in car changes over the last 10 years, at her suggestion - E Class to CLS, CLS to Jag XF, XF to Macan, Macan to Panamera and now Panamera to convertible. I would probably still have the XF, but life's too short. At our time of life and the motoring we do, a convertible is suitable right now. We view it as a 2 seat sportscar, have even removed the rear headrest, which we think improves the look. I considered an M4 but the extra cost for modest performance increases was not justified. On one point, the BMW sports exhaust upgrade, MPSKK I think it's called, can be retro-fitted, and includes a re-map, which adds about 34 horses, at about £1800, my local dealer recently had it priced at £1395 - good value.
And yes again, good to have this off topic part of our forum.
ATB.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Well if we are doing pics of BMWs, here is mine...

44DFD7CD-121E-4056-851C-1368454E0E8A.jpeg

912F6F62-3CBE-4657-95C6-DC81E5032F75.jpeg

A79E64F9-53DD-4060-A3B2-0F91FE093CD1.jpeg

F02F0910-EC79-48FE-AD8A-DEFEBD386282.jpeg

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Show off Ian lol.

Looks great, but not a Porsche :D
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

MCDK wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:39 pm Show off Ian lol.

Looks great, but not a Porsche :D
Nope. Well spotted! But it is everything I dreamed of, and has now clocked over 1200 miles so I can try it out....properly. You see my favourite car whenyounger wasn’t a 911 but an E39 M5. So I am living my dream and wouldn’t want a Porsche in its place (sorry guys...).

I still spend more time driving a 4 year old Mini Cooper 5 door - so much more sensible for the station and supermarket run!
happy days

Post by happy days »

I had two BMW loaners recently, a 320d and an X1. Both had the most horrible suspension that crashed violently on potholed roads and generally jarred and grated horribly. I couldn't wait to get back into a decently suspended Porsche.
Macan S D
718 S
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

happy days wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm I had two BMW loaners recently, a 320d and an X1. Both had the most horrible suspension that crashed violently on potholed roads and generally jarred and grated horribly. I couldn't wait to get back into a decently suspended Porsche.
I had a 1 series for years. It's not the suspension, it's those godforsaken run-flats. I'd never buy a Beamer with run-flats, period.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
happy days

Post by happy days »

BigPhil wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:56 pm
happy days wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm I had two BMW loaners recently, a 320d and an X1. Both had the most horrible suspension that crashed violently on potholed roads and generally jarred and grated horribly. I couldn't wait to get back into a decently suspended Porsche.
I had a 1 series for years. It's not the suspension, it's those godforsaken run-flats. I'd never buy a Beamer with run-flats, period.
I agree totally.
Macan S D
718 S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

M5 is lovely

Very clean and shiny :D :D :D