Macan goes swimming!!!

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Red5

Post by Red5 »

Peteski wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Red5 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:09 am
Being lazy, selfish and pig-headed, but so thick skinned as not to car what others think, is a bit of an epidemic.
I do kind of agree with you here, but then so is being a self-important, stereotyping, judgemental prick. It's a fine line between the two positions, just sayin.....
I agree, it is indeed!

I always do my best to a avoid calling people rude names and swearing at them on the internet, in the hope I can avoid being judged and stereotyped by those that stoop to such poor behaviour :P

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Red5 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:41 pm
Peteski wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Red5 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:09 am
Being lazy, selfish and pig-headed, but so thick skinned as not to car what others think, is a bit of an epidemic.
I do kind of agree with you here, but then so is being a self-important, stereotyping, judgemental prick. It's a fine line between the two positions, just sayin.....
I agree, it is indeed!

I always do my best to a avoid calling people rude names and swearing at them on the internet, in the hope I can avoid being judged and stereotyped by those that stoop to such poor behaviour :P
No you just make general stereotypical sweeping statements about other people's behaviour and then take offence when it's pointed out that your perception might just make you look rather smug and arrogant.

But I'll be sure to look out for you religiously following strict left lane etiquette on a busy motorway.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Play nicely everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Red5

Post by Red5 »

Peteski wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:26 pm

No you just make general stereotypical sweeping statements about other people's behaviour and then take offence when it's pointed out that your perception might just make you look rather smug and arrogant.

But I'll be sure to look out for you religiously following strict left lane etiquette on a busy motorway.

Ah I see....

Yes, I am indeed doing those things regarding some peoples behaviour.
I’m not judging them as people though, as I don’t know them.

They might be lovely individuals, unthinkingly and with little to no training, getting in the way and reducing road capacity.

I’m pretty sure a good few people I know and like exhibit these poor behaviours behind the wheel.

So there’s no need to be calling me, or anyone else a prick on a public forum please.
Deleted User 1874

Red5 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:10 pm So there’s no need to be calling me, or anyone else a prick on a public forum please.
If you read my post carefully, I didn't actually call you a prick. I simply implied that you might come across as one given your polarised generalisations about groups of people. But you appear to have taken the bait and labelled yourself accordingly.
Red5

Post by Red5 »

Peteski wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:01 pm
Red5 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:10 pm So there’s no need to be calling me, or anyone else a prick on a public forum please.
If you read my post carefully, I didn't actually call you a prick. I simply implied that you might come across as one given your polarised generalisations about groups of people. But you appear to have taken the bait and labelled yourself accordingly.
I do understand the passive aggression and the prick insinuations you make.

‘If you read my post carefully’ is another example.

I understand ‘Just saying’ means exactly the opposite too.

There isn’t any need for it here though. You can disagree with me without any swearing either directly, or indirectly aimed.

If you want to discuss middle lane hogs etc, then lets do it without insults.

You thought my comments were judging people. I explained it just a behaviour that is in question, not the people themselves.

They exhibit selfish behaviour. They behave in an unhelpful manner as I described.
Deleted User 1874

Okay fair enough. I was actually being a bit tongue in cheek with the prick insinuation, but I realise it did come across more aggressively. So I do apologise for that.

Back to middle lane hogs, I think in reality most people just don't like the erratic pace of the left hand lane and it's not so often that you get people actually hogging the middle lane below the speed limit. In which case are they really hogging anyone else?

What I do see a lot of though are ultra-slow overtakers, where they pull out to pass a truck and then proceed to overtake at 1mph or less differential. That is really irritating!
Red5

Post by Red5 »

Peteski wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:18 pm Okay fair enough. I was actually being a bit tongue in cheek with the prick insinuation, but I realise it did come across more aggressively. So I do apologise for that.

Back to middle lane hogs, I think in reality most people just don't like the erratic pace of the left hand lane and it's not so often that you get people actually hogging the middle lane below the speed limit. In which case are they really hogging anyone else?

What I do see a lot of though are ultra-slow overtakers, where they pull out to pass a truck and then proceed to overtake at 1mph or less differential. That is really irritating!

No worries. I do realise these are emotive topics :D

Have you also noticed, that after the glacial pace overtake, once clear of the other vehicle ‘they’ often indicate left and nail the throttle up to highly illegal speeds?

So they overtake for ages at 0.5mph speed differential, then somehow manage to leave the resultant line of cars standing!

I suspect these folk derive some sort of satisfaction for this sort of thing? Otherwise, I have no insight as to why they might do this :roll:
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

My biggest wind up are those that drive at 40-45mph along a NSL single carriageway, then sail through the 30mph signs at the entrance to villages at....you guessed it, 40-45mph.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

nsm3 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:56 pm My biggest wind up are those that drive at 40-45mph along a NSL single carriageway, then sail through the 30mph signs at the entrance to villages at....you guessed it, 40-45mph.
How NOT to use cruise control. :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018