Selling my 2017 Macan SD

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

If I became Boris (or Jeremy) tomorrow the company car (in all its iterations) would die.......................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

bennachie wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:36 pm If I became Boris (or Jeremy) tomorrow the company car (in all its iterations) would die.......................
Oldies like me on this forum can remember a time before the company car. It came about as a means of getting around government imposed salary increase restrictions. In the beginning there was no BIK either.

I think that right now, the disappearance of the company car would be some car manufacturers worst nightmare.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ +1. I’d say that a lot of jobs (both in the UK and overseas) depend on the continuation of the company car in some form or other.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

On-Track wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:09 am
bennachie wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:36 pm If I became Boris (or Jeremy) tomorrow the company car (in all its iterations) would die.......................
Oldies like me on this forum can remember a time before the company car. It came about as a means of getting around government imposed salary increase restrictions. In the beginning there was no BIK either.

I think that right now, the disappearance of the company car would be some car manufacturers worst nightmare.
Yep, I remember that not so fondly. Gordon Brown was such a Berk. His idea of justifying the mileage breaks was that MD's and CEO's would pay the most tax on their cars. Therefore, people with company cars would drive miles and miles out of their way to break into the lowest tax bracket and pollute more than ever.My MD certainly did. Brown then had the bright idea of penalising high CO2 cars increasing the use of Diesel fuel thinking he was the Green Messiah. What an idiot. Eventually, contracts will be done electronically but I maintain there is nothing like looking into the eyes of your customer/supplier and of course, the business lunch will be canned.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.