Remap - done!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Izzyspi

Post by Izzyspi »

So, after a month with my SD, I am delighted with it but felt it needed a bit more....oomph. Always felt a little slow to engage when I booted it, and having remapped my previous Merc and A7 I thought - why not?
It’s a 2016, so no warranty issues, so I took it to Chris at CG Remaps in Telford, who did my other 2, and got him to remap it.
The cost - £190, and 2 hours
The result - 310bhp and 650nm. Driveability is way better, and the midrange shove is absolutely epic. It just keeps on pulling. Mpg is also around 5mpg better on a run. I do approx 25k miles a year so it’s importantti get a car feeling right.
I know there’s some scepticism on this topic, but this drivetrain is well within its tolerances at this level and the car is just....better.
Happy to give CG’s contact details if anyone is interested (I’m not affiliated in any way) but just thought I’d share my experience with you all in case anyone is considering taking the leap.
Love this car to bits - fast (especially now), comfortable, quiet, practical, great to look at and just a great place to sit and drive long distances. Wish I’d got one sooner!

mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

Is it available for the 2.0?
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

izzzy have you a dyno print out to share?
adam b

Post by adam b »

Wow that’s cheap
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Jibby

Post by Jibby »

Hi, interesting to hear, I've been thinking of looking into this. I also have a 2016 SD, always thought it was a little slow to engage when you push the go pedal and wondered if a re tune would help. I'm not far from Telford. Is this done with a tuning box or just the hardware? does the chap have a website?. thanks in advance
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

If you fill her up with Shell's V-power diesel, it will definitely fly. Brakes ok?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Jibby wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:42 pm Hi, interesting to hear, I've been thinking of looking into this. I also have a 2016 SD, always thought it was a little slow to engage when you push the go pedal and wondered if a re tune would help. I'm not far from Telford. Is this done with a tuning box or just the hardware? does the chap have a website?. thanks in advance
https://www.cg-remaps.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjwxaXtBRBbEiwAPqPxcCa09f1--pmCBscf2-shqG4VBtmm_CdpGnSiJidsmKEQT-3Gc2Th2RoC-wcQAvD_BwE
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.