Another new SD owner

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Col M wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:55 am Just 8K miles a year... Do they confirm DPF state on handover?
Mine has done less than 5k per year and is fine so far.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

The spec is good. I waited 3 months to get mine, it’s has everything apart from torque vectoring I believe, but most of the cars I looked at had less spec than the OP’s, most had halogen lights which was a big no no for me. Coming from a BMW 535d with sunroof, comfort seats, adaptive headlights and head up display I had to get an equivalent spec in the Macan. I do miss the head up display though.
I’ve been to Brands Hatch in my SD today, such a great motorway car, the mid range power is just addictive
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I've only done 16k over 2 years and not a single regen warning, as yet. A good deal of my driving is at higher speed than stop/start traffic though.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
fcooke

Post by fcooke »

A good spec. I love those wheels.
RyanK

Post by RyanK »

Thanks for the welcome folks! Car is continuing to surprise me and I still love it.

I agree, the spec is quite good, what I meant by what I said is that it's missing chrono/leds/18 way/entry & drive/ apple car play and sport design package etc. The local OPC (Aberdeen) only had one in budget that came with halogens and no PASM but like another suggested that was a big no go, the car also stunk of smoke. Luckily teeside got this example in and the price was similar to the car in Aberdeen yet with half the mileage and £££ more spec. Win Win!

One gripe is the salesman at Teeside didn't even know how to turn on the DAB. I drove half way home to Aberdeen in a huff cos I couldn't listen to DAB then realised all I had to do was press the source button :oops:

DPF seems to be fine and I was assured all was good with it before the sale. I have a friend that works as a technician at the local OPC and he delved into the history of the vehicle. That being said it does seem rather strange that the original owner(s) purchased a diesel to do so little miles. They would have been better off with the petrol!
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

RyanK wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:03 pm
DPF seems to be fine and I was assured all was good with it before the sale. I have a friend that works as a technician at the local OPC and he delved into the history of the vehicle. That being said it does seem rather strange that the original owner(s) purchased a diesel to do so little miles. They would have been better off with the petrol!
Not necessarily, they may be doing long journeys and then parking up for a week. Low mileage doesn't necessarily mean short journeys.
I have a few mates who work on oil rigs and their cars are only used during their rest periods, so they may not use the car for four weeks at a time, but then go on a long journey.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Hi RyanK.

Welcome to the forum. Your car is very close to my SD bar a few items. Has yours got the black exhaust tips? If so, try cleaning them with WD40 and a clean rag. Works a treat. Mine had a new transfer box at 20k and the heated seats have a mind of their own. I also only recently found out that the reverse camera stays on until you reach 10mph going forward. I also love the 'hold' feature that saves sitting in traffic with your foot on the brake. You do know that fitting a tuning box will invalidate your warranty if you tell them.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.