Panamera E-Hybrid Loaner

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
VanB

Post by VanB »

Well my 911 GTS is in for a service and I have a Panamera E-Hybrid as a loaner for the weekend. This thing seems to have every toy going but the 2 stand outs are the HUD (where has this been all my life) and the Burmester stereo. I've always specced Bose in my Porsche cars having considered myself not to be a particular audiophile but the Burmester is nothing short of unbelievably good (not sure I could fork out what it costs but it is awesome).

Other general comments:

Very supple, quiet and cosseted ride and extremely comfortable.
Man this thing is BIG.
It is also surprisingly thirsty.
It is deceptively quick - you think you are wafting along but very soon into license losing territory.
The cockpit looks great and the screen is great but usage is very difficult on the move.
The boot is pathetically small for a car of this size.
Brakes are nowhere near on a par with what I've come to expect from Porsche. Maybe this is because of the regen effect or maybe the weight of the car but they nearly caught me out a couple of times today.

I kind of like it although not sure why. It's nowhere near as nimble as the 911 (or Macan) but I guess more of an executive barge.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Pics?!

The Panamera is a great car, as I found out during my year of owning a new Panamera 4. If looking for a large sporty saloon, I think it’s hard to beat. :) After a short while, I felt that the car kind of shrank around me. I never had issues with parking etc, but then again, am always ‘picky’ when choosing a parking spot. With suspension in Sport mode and on low setting, it really felt pretty sports car-like when hustling through the twisties!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

WingCo it is no 911 but it is a lovely car. If I were in the market for a 4 door luxury saloon then it would be right up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

We had one on loan for a weekend a couple of years ago and was seriously considering it as a replacement for the previous Macan until I looked at the level of depreciation. I agree it's a fantastic car but the thought of loosing £30k in a year made it a no from me as a new car. A year old one would be a much more palatable proposition though.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Miopyk wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 pm I agree it's a fantastic car but the thought of loosing £30k in a year made it a no from me as a new car. A year old one would be a much more palatable proposition though.
^^^ That was not my experience. I did 17k miles in 12 months in my 2017 Panamera 4 and I lost much less than half of that figure when I traded in for my Carrera T. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

ImageImage

Couple of pics
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Have to say, I love my Panamera 2018. I find it extremely comfortable, fast and I've even grown to like the noise it makes.
MPG wise, I drive in individual for most part, this is a mix of sports and battery.. if I'm not too right foot heavy, I'm getting about 450miles per tank, thats equates ti about 33mpg. But, if I decide to put it into sports +.... well, let's just say, its fun but not for a long time.

What i dislike..
Brakes.. really need to be better
Audio system. Have Bose but it's not great. I had Burmeister in my Macan and it sounded fantastic
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
VanB

Post by VanB »

I averaged 23 mpg over the weekend and 250 miles and was not pressing on in any way. In fact probably 100 of those miles was on a 50mph speed restricted section of the motorway. So to say that I was underwhelmed with the consumption is an understatement. That being said it’s a very comfortable place to be and feels very luxurious. Lovely car all things considered.

neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Van - is the low fuel consumption due to it being a hybrid? Heavier car, very limited "free" miles...
Macan
Taycan Turbo
VanB

Post by VanB »

I’m not sure if the cause but it is definitely heavy. The electrical drive only seems to cut in occasionally so i suspect not much help in reducing fuel consumption