Jumping forward at very slow speed

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
dvearn

Post by dvearn »

I've got a 2020 Macan S, and one of the things I've noticed is it sometimes feels like it's trying to 'jump' forward at very low speed (parking speed).
It's almost as if the clutch was suddenly engaged, then disengaged.
I don't think it actually makes the car move that much, but is pretty disconcerting, especially as it's happening when I'm close to things (cars, walls, barriers, etc...).

Anyone else experienced this? It is expected or needs looking at?

pmg

Post by pmg »

Are you at low temps and near full lock on summer tyres. Search for Ackerman effect.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Paul

Post by Paul »

If you’ve not driven a PDK (or DSG) ‘box in the past it can take a bit of getting used to.
Forward motion is rev dependant so it may be that first thing, with a bit of “choke” on, the car will seem to want to pull away before you’re ready? Does it go away when warm?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
dvearn

Post by dvearn »

We had a DSG box on our Audi Q5 2.0 TDi and never experienced it, then again the engine didn't have much poke, so maybe wasn't enough to notice it.
I think it could be when the engine is cold/warming up - I'll see whether full temp addresses it.

I'm on summer tyres, but generally straight wheels. Although I don't think this is a traction issue.