Which Nav version do you have?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 am ^^
It might also be, from a dealership perspective, that Porsche offer 3 “free” updates which the individual dealerships have to pay for by way of SD card purchase and labour time.
That was my initial thought re Tewkesbury, hence my contact with Swindon who were more than happy to help. They ordered a second card and, as mentioned, liaised with yer man at Bristol. But no result! Tewkesbury have ordered several cards (allegedly) and liaised regularly with Bristol with the result as seen.

Swindon mentioned that my system appeared reluctant to take the update.

It all appears to point to an issue with my OS. So would loading new PCM s/w solve this or would it be a deeper issue? 🤯🤯🤯
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

apart from updated map - i presume - what other diffeneces are there on the new updated SD card update?
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Greddyuk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 pm apart from updated map - i presume - what other diffeneces are there on the new updated SD card update?
In terms of the PCM all I’ve noticed so far are the album covers. I haven’t crawled over any other aspects yet. As for the nav, that remains to be seen.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:10 pm 👍👍👏👏🥳🥳

(although Mike, without wishing to rain on your parade, SAC, Nick and me all show “2019” version whereas you show “2018/2019”......sorry.....😳😳😉)
I’ve just had the following response from Tewkesbury...

After consulting with Porsche Technical department, we had been advised of the latest available software available for models built up to week 22 of 2016, is the SD card we have applied at this visit. (9P1.909.000.AT.)

I spoke to our Gold Tech at Bristol prior to ordering the update and they have confirmed that they do not have this SD card.

I enquired also with our Swindon Branch to be informed that in order to successfully install the required update,( 9P1.909.000.AT.) the PCM software would also need to updated and 9P1.909.000.AL (Nav update) would need installing also. None of this information was given by our technical department (to our frustration!!).

This is what has been carried out at this visit, and we are assured that given the build date of your vehicle, it is the latest available update.

I can only surmise that the other vehicle in question has a later build date (after week 22) and therefore a later update is possible.

One can only assume therefore that week 22 drivers are able to find places forbidden to pre-22 drivers. :cry:

Pray tell me, Paul, what week was your car built? 🤔
Paul

Post by Paul »

From memory Mike, May or June ‘16 - not delivered until Sept ‘16 due to screen delays for PCM.

Mine was amongst the first builds to get the new PCM 4 which might tie in with what your guy says (although I’m fairly sure Nick’s Turbo is older - he may confirm)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:37 pm ^_^Thanks to Dandock, I have just had a call back from my OPC to say YES it is available after all. :oops: It was not listed by Porsche GB Parts Dept. under "Sat Nav" but "Technical". They have ordered this SD card and will advise me it's in and be able to do the job. Apparently it will take 2 hours to install and it takes a lot of battery power. So needs to be done at their premises.

I will report back once actually successfully installed......
Pleased to say that I had the 2019 Sat Nav Europe maps installed today following my OPC's e-message to me that "The memory card is now in stock". It was done free of charge on my May 2017 Macan and did indeed take 2hrs to install. This follows the first update in 2018.

2019-06-19 14.38.01.jpg
Dandock....
Here are the details again for my update completed in June 2019. My Macan was built wk 12 of 2017 and registered to me on 2 May that year.

You can see my screen shot photos on this thread's page 6.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

Car built Nov 2016 and registered Jan 2017. The PCM4 has Connect Plus and a live subscription.
Up to Oct 2019 we had previously tried online updates, connected to the home wifi and always failed to locate any.

The car went to the OPC at the end of Aug 2019 and we were informed they could not locate any outstanding updates. Furthermore, although the suggested SD-Card, part-number 9P1.909.000.AL. was for a PCM4 Maps update, it was not compatible with our PCM4 software version and they did not know when the updated maps would become available.

Original Nov 2016 build software setup

IMG_1173 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1174 - Copy.JPG

Fast forward to Jan 2020 when the car went to the OPC for its first MOT.
On collection, we were informed they had identified an outstanding update that they carried out over the air, (no SD-Card was required). It appeared the previous issue of not being able to locate updates over the air has now been resolved. The update is dated as the year 2020.

Jan 2020 updated software version

IMG_1408 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1409 - Copy.JPG

Last edited by Little Urchin on Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍👍👍

fully up to date.....😊
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Little Urchin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:40 pm Car built Nov 2016 and registered Jan 2017. The PCM4 has Connect Plus and a live subscription.
Up to Oct 2019 we had previously tried online updates, connected to the home wifi and always failed to locate any.

The car went to the OPC at the end of Aug 2019 and we were informed they could not locate any outstanding updates. Furthermore, although the suggested SD-Card, part-number 9P1.909.000.AL. was for a PCM4 Maps update, it was not compatible with our PCM4 software version and they did not know when the updated maps would become available.

Original Nov 2016 build software setup
IMG_1173 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1174 - Copy.JPG

Fast forward to Jan 2020 when the car went to the OPC for its first MOT.
On collection, we were informed they had identified an outstanding update that they carried out over the air, (no SD-Card was required). It appeared the previous issue of not being able to locate updates over the air has now been resolved. The update is dated as the year 2020.

Jan 2020 updated software version
IMG_1408 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1409 - Copy.JPG
Did you ever try doing the update over the air, as opposed to using your home wifi? I've always had more success doing OTA updates on the 911, but that may be because we have a lousy broadband connection.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

"Did you ever try doing the update over the air, as opposed to using your home wifi? I've always had more success doing OTA updates on the 911, but that may be because we have a lousy broadband connection."

Nick,
We must admit we only tried the "over the air updates" using the home wifi and not our installed "12 months duration, pay as you go, 12gb sim card" we have in the car.
We did not have an understanding of how much data would be required for the update. We feared it could utilise all the remaining data on the card and fail to complete it.

Incidentally, the OPC did tell us their over the air update was running for over 2 hours to complete and install. We presume they used their own wifi and not our sim card as we still have data on our sim card available.