Tyre Pressure Monitor Accuracy??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Gauge was +or- 1%

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pacemaker wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:23 pm Gauge was +or- 1%
I’d still like to know which gauge you got, out of interest. I might get one!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Lumiereholic Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge for Car Truck Motorcycle Bicycle with Hose and Backlight LCD Display(0-100 psi)

B40.1 calibrated

However, I returned it as won’t read pressure on the fly. That is if overinflated and press release valve the gauge remains on original reading which is a bit pointless as you have to guess what you’ve let out and can easily go over
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pacemaker wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:56 pm Lumiereholic Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge for Car Truck Motorcycle Bicycle with Hose and Backlight LCD Display(0-100 psi)

B40.1 calibrated

However, I returned it as won’t read pressure on the fly. That is if overinflated and press release valve the gauge remains on original reading which is a bit pointless as you have to guess what you’ve let out and can easily go over
OK, thanks for that. Yes I agree you really need the gauge to follow the pressure as it is released.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

PCL
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I bought one of these, seems very accurate.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

I have one also. Very accurate and calibrated from new on Bar scale. Excellent kit
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Rab J wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:16 pm I bought one of these, seems very accurate.
Looks good. Maybe it’s time to upgrade my analogue PCL inflator.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

RGS

Post by RGS »

I'm mighty confused over tyre pressures for Porsche, for the last 50 odd years I've maintained my tyre pressure as recommended when they are cold, that's first thing in the morning after the car has been standing overnight, to the correct pressure winter and summer. So my Macan lives on 36psi rear and 33psi front when the tyres are cold and that's year round. In the spring when the weather starts to warm, I might have to release some air to bring them down to the correct pressure. It's surprising the difference a little sunlight makes to tyre pressures, and of course once the car has been rolling the same applies. If the sun falls on one side of the car, there will be a difference in pressure to the other side, that's why checking when cold all round gives an accurate reading. I only use the monitors as a guide because they don't show pressures until the car has started moving and by then the tyres are already starting to warm up.
RGS

Post by RGS »

Having just posted regarding tyre pressure monitor, I have just heard there is now a software update for the tyre pressure monitor which will allow it to show more detailed information