Hoselock pressure bottle

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
happy days

Post by happy days »

I use Bilt Hamber neutral PH wheel cleaner. Great stuff, turns purple when active and smells of orange. I used to buy it a litre at a time in the trigger pump gun. Problem is, it leaks on your hands as you use the trigger repeatedly and you pretty much smell of it for a few days.

So I bought a 5-litre can and went to B&Q and bought one of those 1.25 litre Hoselock bottles where you pump a lever to build up pressure thinking that would allow me to get a good even spray over the wheel surface and eliminate the dribbling on the hands.

However, as the bilt hamber liquid is a bit more viscous than water, it only streams out and will not 'mist'.

Any thoughts on a solution? Dilute the liquid? Apply much more pressure?

:?: :?: :?: :?:
Macan S D
718 S

putt4par

Post by putt4par »

happy days wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:22 pm I use Bilt Hamber neutral PH wheel cleaner. Great stuff, turns purple when active and smells of orange. I used to buy it a litre at a time in the trigger pump gun. Problem is, it leaks on your hands as you use the trigger repeatedly and you pretty much smell of it for a few days.

So I bought a 5-litre can and went to B&Q and bought one of those 1.25 litre Hoselock bottles where you pump a lever to build up pressure thinking that would allow me to get a good even spray over the wheel surface and eliminate the dribbling on the hands.

However, as the bilt hamber liquid is a bit more viscous than water, it only streams out and will not 'mist'.

Any thoughts on a solution? Dilute the liquid? Apply much more pressure?

:?: :?: :?: :?:
Hi,

Tech info for Bilt Hamber says its already diluted to the correct level so would not try that.

Looking at the sprayer you have got it says its suitable for cooling pets down, ironing and mist coating plants etc so probably only suitable for water.

Would a similar spray applicator suited to spraying something like fence preserver be a bit better? Just a thought.
Col M

Post by Col M »

Switch to a pump, action bottle. For example the:
Spear & Jackson 2LPAPS
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
happy days

Post by happy days »

Col M wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:22 pm Switch to a pump, action bottle. For example the:
Spear & Jackson 2LPAPS
It is a pump action one.
Macan S D
718 S
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

happy days wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:51 pm
Col M wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:22 pm Switch to a pump, action bottle. For example the:
Spear & Jackson 2LPAPS
It is a pump action one.
Pump action just the same, reasonable price, wide range of uses.
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Stick with the original BH spray bottle and wear rubber gloves :-) on a serious note, that’s what I do!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

You must have a number of spray attachment bottles in your garage or kitchen cupboard ( detailer, de-icer, shower, surface cleaner?) Anyone will do once washed out. Give one a try and also wear some disposable gloves 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

MikeM wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:21 am You must have a number of spray attachment bottles in your garage or kitchen cupboard ( detailer, de-icer, shower, surface cleaner?) Anyone will do once washed out. Give one a try and also wear some disposable gloves 👍
I have an alternative wheel cleaner which is applied by paintbrush, this ensures good coverage, might take a bit longer but I do not suffer from leakage onto the hand.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I do dilute my Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner and ALWAYS wear gloves. Think about it, what is the liquid doing to the wheels? Well it will degrease your hand too. When I use the Korrosol fall out cleaner, I wear a mask and goggles now.I got a face full when a gust of wind blew it back and it was very unpleasant.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.