Sport Chrono Individual setting

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
VanB

Post by VanB »

TBH I’m somewhat unsure of the point of the individual setting. If you want to tool around with your spoiler up and sports exhaust on all the time then fair enough but why not buy a Scooby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

pmg

Post by pmg »

VanB wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:45 pm TBH I’m somewhat unsure of the point of the individual setting. If you want to tool around with your spoiler up and sports exhaust on all the time then fair enough but why not buy a Scooby?

On the Macan it basically allows on to separate the settings for drivetrain and suspension, i.e each can differ independently between normal, sport and sport plus.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

VanB wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:45 pm TBH I’m somewhat unsure of the point of the individual setting. If you want to tool around with your spoiler up and sports exhaust on all the time then fair enough but why not buy a Scooby?

I think that if you have a 718, you effectively have.................................. (ducks behind wall and awaits flak - I did enjoy my 987 and 981)
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
VanB

Post by VanB »

bennachie wrote:

I think that if you have a 718, you effectively have.................................. (ducks behind wall and awaits flak - I did enjoy my 987 and 981)
I have a 911 GTS and I still don’t see the point.

Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I will add that having configured my individual setting, I have never toggled in to it as sport and sport plus are all you need. I configured it because I can.
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
RAA

Post by RAA »

I've had my new Macan S for 10 months now - never got round to personalising my preferences or anything to do with the diamond button - I wouldn't know what to choose anyway.
I just wish the car had a CD player, so I can play my music (I don't know about getting it any other way - don't have a smartphone or anything Apple, except an iMac desktop computer at home (on which I only know how to do emails etc.) ; don't know anything about streaming, or how to transfer CDs onto an SD card.
I've tried the Sport/Sport + knob a couple of times - it just seems to change it into a lower gear, probably using more fuel, as far as I can tell.
I'm probably hopeless !
ianst

Post by ianst »

RAA wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:22 am I've had my new Macan S for 10 months now - never got round to personalising my preferences or anything to do with the diamond button - I wouldn't know what to choose anyway.
I just wish the car had a CD player, so I can play my music (I don't know about getting it any other way - don't have a smartphone or anything Apple, except an iMac desktop computer at home (on which I only know how to do emails etc.) ; don't know anything about streaming, or how to transfer CDs onto an SD card.
I've tried the Sport/Sport + knob a couple of times - it just seems to change it into a lower gear, probably using more fuel, as far as I can tell.
I'm probably hopeless !
probably the easiest way is to just get a smart phone, an iphone is dead easy to use, and can then rip cds to it, or use spotify
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
happy days

Post by happy days »

RAA wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:22 am I've had my new Macan S for 10 months now - never got round to personalising my preferences or anything to do with the diamond button - I wouldn't know what to choose anyway.
I'm probably hopeless !
Grandkids? Get them to 'rip' your music onto an SD card (they will know what this is) and then you can upload them to something called the Jukebox on your radio - then when you want to access your music, you select 'Source - Jukebox' and away you go.
Macan S D
718 S
pmg

Post by pmg »

happy days wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:32 am
I'm probably hopeless !
Grandkids? Get them to 'rip' your music onto an SD card (they will know what this is) and then you can upload them to something called the Jukebox on your radio - then when you want to access your music, you select 'Source - Jukebox' and away you go.
He has a Gen 2 Macan so it won't have a jukebox, but he will be able to play ripped music tracks from an SD card or USB stick
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8