Slightly miffed.

The place to discuss everything else..
happy days

Post by happy days »

Question for the NI members on here. GB residents (nor anywhere else) need not apply.

I’m a bit pissed off this evening.

On my last visit to Belfast, I distinctly expressed an interest to my SA (RG) on attending the Taycan launch as I’m really interested in a full BEV Macan when they’re launched. I really would like a drive in one to see what they’re like on the road, weight, performance etc. At the launch events, Belfast OPC normally take your details and arrange a test drive.

Now recently, invitations have been issued from various nationwide OPCs for customers to attend launch events. I didn’t get one. When I mentioned that on here, a very kind member forwarded on his invitation to me to accept as it did not explicitly state who the invitee was.

I didn’t take up this kind offer, as I felt a bit miffed as not having received my own personal invitation.

Today I received an email from the sales manager advising me of the launch of the new 4.0 GTS Boxster. I politely replied saying that I had expressed an interest in the Taycan launch but RG hadn’t replied. About three minutes after sending, I got a phone call from Belfast which I couldn’t take as I was in a meeting.

I subsequently received an email reply from RG indicating that invitations were being sent out in waves and that I would be on the next wave. Is this complete and utter bullshit or has anyone else not received their invitation yet. I smell a rat and in the background I’m hearing a lot of back-pedalling.

I drive two Porkers and would consider myself a decent customer of Belfast. All our servicing is done there and, unfortunately, I can’t shop around as they have a monopoly in NI.

Am I alone in this, or are Belfast telling the truth?
Macan S D
718 S

gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I also run two Porsche’s and have them serviced at Leicester and I have also still not received the Taycan invite. I have also been told they are being sent out in batches but I do know that another Leicester customer got their invite over two weeks ago. I have written to my sales exec and he has copied my mail to the invite person

They may well be concerned that they will have too many people turn up as I expect there is an ultimate limit to numbers they can accommodate. This is probably the biggest launch they have done.
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I'm not sure just how good Belfast are at keeping in contact with their customers. Its possibly down to individual SEs to put their customers forward for invites. A few of their SEs have moved on recently so possibly you got missed. I cant imagine that wouldn't have room at a launch for a someone like yourself. I have been to a few now and none have been particularly overcrowded. I got an initial invite a few weeks ago which i hadn't answered due to issues with the launch dateand another follow up email to find out if I was attending. Most car dealerships are poor at keeping in contact with prospective customers in my experience.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would think the story about sending out the invites in waves is indeed BS. Why would they do that and even if true then that means you were already on the "reserve" list which is poor given you had specifically asked about the event. As you know I got an invite, have only bought one car, my SE has left and I have only been back once since buying the car so I'm certainly not well known to them.

By the way I also got the GTS Boxster email today.
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

I just bought by first Porsche, a Macan Turbo, last weekend.
I'm not interested in the Taycan but was also advised (a few weeks ago) that invitations would be sent out in waves.
Mine arrived a few days later
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

@happy days I would be totally and majorly miffed in your position. As I have not bought off Belfast and have no interest in a new car I am not at all bothered having no invite. I did however drool over the 4.0 Cayman/Boxster email.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I do think that invites in waves make sense. But of course the enthusiasts should be in the first wave [emoji41]

Imagine sending invites to all cusies and all pitch! Insufficient space to accommodate the crowd, queue to fondle the steering wheel and controls... not enough drinks and snacks, feels like a cheap party.

Now, in waves, the dealer can check the interest, fill-in the venue to desired capacity and setup after-party party for additional clients.

Everybody should be happy, but of course human nature gets in a way. We all want to be in the front of the queue.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4