The 2017 Red Tractor

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

So 2 weeks in and I finally get a chance to clean the car properly. Traffic film remover, then Snow Foam, Wash, Polish and finally a hybrid wax. Quite pleased with how this cleaned up and looks a lot better than when it left the OPC. I don't think it had ever seen any Polish or protection of any kind. Needs a full machine polish and ceramic coating once all this virus is done and dusted.

_DSC3729_edited_small.jpg

_DSC3728_edited_small.jpg

2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks great! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

That does look great, real shine 8-) ! Always interested what was your wax ? I have been using Sonax quite a lot recently and like their products but always on the lookout for a new one :)
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Lovely looking machine :D :D :D
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Looks great, love the wheels. I had mine ceramic coated after 3 days of correction, looks great now, but grey is not the best colour for this treatment, I should imagine yours would really ‘pop’ with the ceramic treatment.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Yes, its looking great, just got to keep it like that now !
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Ferdie wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 pm That does look great, real shine 8-) ! Always interested what was your wax ? I have been using Sonax quite a lot recently and like their products but always on the lookout for a new one :)
I went for an old favorite at the back of my detailing cupboard - FK1000P. Once Machine polished it will have a Gyeon Cancoat put onto it. This lasts almost a year so the car will get a polish once a year and a new coat of ceramic. It's easy to do at home and give an amazing shine, much more than this. I really rate all the Gyeon products.

There is a bit more to the story. The day after I collected the Macan we had some roof repairs done at our company. The contactor used a plastic resin which was sprayed onto the roof. Unfortunately, it was a windy day and 15 cars, including mine, got covered in flecks of grey plastic. An argument is continuing about remedial action but the plastic was setting harder so I decided to get it off. It took 12 hours of polishing by hand. I am trying to get the contractor to pay for the machine polish.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Ti Rich wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:24 am
I went for an old favorite at the back of my detailing cupboard - FK1000P. Once Machine polished it will have a Gyeon Cancoat put onto it. This lasts almost a year so the car will get a polish once a year and a new coat of ceramic. It's easy to do at home and give an amazing shine, much more than this. I really rate all the Gyeon products.

There is a bit more to the story. The day after I collected the Macan we had some roof repairs done at our company. The contactor used a plastic resin which was sprayed onto the roof. Unfortunately, it was a windy day and 15 cars, including mine, got covered in flecks of grey plastic. An argument is continuing about remedial action but the plastic was setting harder so I decided to get it off. It took 12 hours of polishing by hand. I am trying to get the contractor to pay for the machine polish.
No wonder it looks good you put some serious effort and high end product into it. What an annoyance with the roof, good luck with getting something back
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960