OPC's offering maintenance yet?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

I am wondering as we have reached "restart work" Wednesday whether any forum member's OPC 's have opened for serving and maintenance yet other than emergency/essential workers?

Portsmouth OPC appears from phone response still to be closed.

If service departments of other brands start to reopen and there was some messaging on the forum that some others in the VW/Audi group were doing so I think this puts Porshe in a bad light with regard to Customer service.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

I spoke to them yesterday regarding booking in a long overdue service and the only advice they could give me was "keep checking the OPC's website".

As Hatfield's hasn't been updated since 23rd March it's no help at all really. I can only hope they send me an e-mail as I'm on their list. I would've thought they'd at least have an idea when they'll reopen and take advance bookings, otherwise the technicians we be twiddling their spanners. Perhaps they don't want to bring them back off furlough yet?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
pmg

Post by pmg »

I see from the Macan UK Facebook group Tonbridge has opened for servicing
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Porsche Sheffield (JCT600) phoned me today to offer bookings for June. Macan recall due but politely declined since currently not offering courtesy vehicles, they require car for all day and don't fancy 2 rail journeys to/from home.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Porsche Leeds (JCT600) are preparing for a potential reopening from next week in a very gradual & socially safe manner! This includes the JCT 600 body shop.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I don't really see the risk in one technician servicing one car with no contact with the owner ......
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Tried to book mine in back in early April although it's not due until 25th May. Got the standard response and nothing since. Our local Mazda/Lotus/VW dealer/servicing garage has reopened for service and we have the wife's Polo in for it's first service this Friday. That's what you call good service (no pun intended). Meanwhile, a week has gone by since I asked for some vehicle information from an OPC in the Midlands. They can whistle now as I've just had a jaunt to the coast and back and enjoyed every minute in the SD, especially the 41.5 mpg.
Porsche Chester are very quiet about opening up and I guess I'll be way down the list. MOT and RFL due end of May. £205 RFL, loving it.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
davewf

Post by davewf »

I was booked for the safety recall on my GTS for Monday, pretty poor service didnt even bother to Email that they were shut just expected their customers to work it out themselves.
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

I just got a reply from Hatfield OPC.

They are now taking booking for servicing from Wednesday 20th May.

No courtesy cars or pick up/drop off. You have to deliver specific AM/PM and leave the car for 48 hours. I'd imagine the other Porsche UK OPC's are the same.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
pmg

Post by pmg »

BigPhil wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:51 pm I just got a reply from Hatfield OPC.

They are now taking booking for servicing from Wednesday 20th May.

No courtesy cars or pick up/drop off. You have to deliver specific AM/PM and leave the car for 48 hours. I'd imagine the other Porsche UK OPC's are the same.
In a world where we are meant to avoid public transport were possible, they just have not thought leaving the car for 48 hrs through.

That is also crazy for short jobs like a oil change or swopping tyre sets which is the job I need done at Portsmouth as they have my summer set. I would expect for such jobs do book a specific time and wait outside or go for a walk if necessary