Buying 2016 Macan S Without CPO?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Zinandos

Post by Zinandos »

Hi, I'm looking at a used 2016 Macan S with approx 30k miles on it. However, it's a private sale and no longer in warranty so I'm assuming I won't be able to get the CPO with it. It appears to be in mint condition and has had the transfer case replaced recently (transfer case is under warranty). Just wondering about any other potential issues these vehicles may be prone to/if it would be a safe purchase. As well as anyone's experience/knowledge about the long term reliability of these (do they typically reach 150k miles?). I don't know anyone else with a porsche so didn't know where else to ask.

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

You can still get a warranty. The car will need to pass the Porsche 111 point check. You could always agree to get this done as part of the potential purchase
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Madelvic wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:52 pm You can still get a warranty. The car will need to pass the Porsche 111 point check. You could always agree to get this done as part of the potential purchase
You would have to get the current owner to buy the warranty as the car has to be owned for 90 days before being eligible for the warranty. In fact, if you offer to pay for the warranty at least the car will then get a full inspection prior to doing the deal.
The warranty for two years is £1485 from memory and the inspection is £250.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Kleynie wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 pm
Madelvic wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:52 pm You can still get a warranty. The car will need to pass the Porsche 111 point check. You could always agree to get this done as part of the potential purchase
You would have to get the current owner to buy the warranty as the car has to be owned for 90 days before being eligible for the warranty. In fact, if you offer to pay for the warranty at least the car will then get a full inspection prior to doing the deal.
The OP is situated in New Jersey, not sure quoting UK warranty conditions and costs will be relevant :?
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

MikeM wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:33 am
Kleynie wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 pm
The OP is situated in New Jersey, not sure quoting UK warranty conditions and costs will be relevant :?
Well excuse me, I was just trying to help.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The key point for Zinandos to take away from the three posts above is it is worth contacting a local Porsche outlet and finding out if Porsche America offer an extended warranty and, if so, what are the conditions necessary to obtain one.

The Macan has only been available for six years so I very much doubt if there are many (if any) examples with mileages of 150k. Mine is five years old and the mileage is 43k. There is a minor creak on certain rough roads but no rattles. Otherwise it drives better than when it was new because the engine is properly loosened up. Porsche proudly boast that 70% of all Porsches ever built are still on the road so I don't think you need to worry too much about longevity.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

I went to look at the US forum to give him a link to it but when I searched "buying without CPO" someone or him with a different name seems to have raided the exact same query [urlhttps://www.macanforum.com/threads/buying-2016- ... st-2586970][/url]
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

On-Track wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:34 am The key point for Zinandos to take away from the three posts above is it is worth contacting a local Porsche outlet and finding out if Porsche America offer an extended warranty and, if so, what are the conditions necessary to obtain one.

The Macan has only been available for six years so I very much doubt if there are many (if any) examples with mileages of 150k. Mine is five years old and the mileage is 43k. There is a minor creak on certain rough roads but no rattles. Otherwise it drives better than when it was new because the engine is properly loosened up. Porsche proudly boast that 70% of all Porsches ever built are still on the road so I don't think you need to worry too much about longevity.
Humm, not exactly my experience. Mine is 3,5 years old with 18k miles, I have owned it for one year and its been back to the dealer 4 times in my ownership. I have had a new transfer box, a gear box leak, an Adblue injector,, a faulty sunroof seal and now I am awaiting a whole new sunroof. Thank god for warranty.