Replacement of Logos

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Adam_superman

Post by Adam_superman »

Hi All,

I have recently purchased black replacements for my Macan S

2 questions:

Firstly;
Are the they easy to remove the existing ones? (when they have been on for 5 years)

Secondly;
I am not sure about the "S"
I was in too minds about just removing the S completely and then centralising the "Macan"

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.
Thanks

IMG_4640.jpg

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Easy to remove - yes. Use fishing line to cut the adhesive behind them and then clean up the residue.

Putting the new ones on.....tougher. You can use tape or something else to align them but Porsche sell a specific tool / frame to do this and make sure they are aligned.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Adam_superman

Post by Adam_superman »

Thanks Charles, that's good to know. Scared about hacking into my Porsche to be honest.

It did come with a template to help you align it, but I was considering taking it one letter at a time!

IMG_4641.jpg

Guy

Post by Guy »

I'd do one letter at a time with that template. Earlier forum posts talked about using dental floss rather than fishing line to remove old letters - I haven't tried either.

From where did you buy the letters, and how much?
Adam_superman

Post by Adam_superman »

Thanks Guy.

The letters where purchased from DH gate.
(Yes its probably not official "Porsche" but from my experience with certain items, on that site, they come from the same factory that made the letters in the first place - Ive also used this before my Audi, it looked perfect)

They cost about £30 for the "PORSCHE" and £30 for "Macan"
I did find some on eBay, but they where about £100 each.

The template also seems to fit the existing badges placement.

IMG_4642 2.jpg

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

If you do the letters individually it would seem harder to get the spacing and horizontal alignment right. I think I would try and put the template in place before removing the letters.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Just run masking tape across the boot so you can align that template to it and jobs done. Should be easy enough once you have the straight line to work from and stick all down at once to get the spacing right.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Adam_superman wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 am I was in too minds about just removing the S completely and then centralising the "Macan"
I'd keep the 'S' otherwise it will look like the base model. Or completely remove the model designation.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Agree with PaulR above. I had the Macan S removed from mine to tidy the boot, but just removing the S seems a bit retrograde?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Adam_superman

Post by Adam_superman »

Thanks guys, I do have a red "S" so will probably put that on and see what it looks like.

I will send pictures when ive done it.