My Macan SD ... Nearly

Post pictures of your Macan here!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

In the past with Mazdas I took the PCP route because of their deals and discounts. 25 to 15 years ago this left equity in those cars at the end of the contract period. This could be used as part of the deposit for the next new car. Moving to Mercedes and their deals this never left any equity, but was still the cheapest way to run a new Merc. At the end I just handed the cars back.

PaulB - With Porsche their finance deals are expensive, compounded by no discounts / incentives. Residual values are excellent though. I have twice now bought outright for cash. So you may want to explore other finance options outside of Porsche. There have been topics on this Forum in the past covering this option if you do a search.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

PaulB wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:15 pm Thanks guys. The email correspondence with the business manager mentions "optional final payment" a few times on recent emails but i have asked for confirmation of such to be included in my paperwork when signing on Saturday. Although, i suspect it will already be there.
👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

The final payment is indeed optional. The only charges i would pay for would be in relation to excess mileage or damage deemed to be outwith wear and tear.
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Unfortunately the dealership in Leicester and I decided to shake hands and cancel the deal on this car. I have been pretty desperate to get a second car now that we are back to work as a family so when we heard that after 4 weeks from a deposit being placed (travel restrictions in Scotland in that period) to then see the news announce a further 2 week restriction in Leicester, i decided i couldnt wait any longer.
Frustratingly, the dealership couldn't transfer to their partner branch in Glasgow and when i offered to pay for transportation, they couldn't allow that either. Hence my frustration grew.
The car went back up for sale and 10 hrs later, sold.
I must say i am absolutely gutted to say the least as i am beginning to realise very quickly that i have lost on a great example and a great deal.
I am now back to searching, almost on an hourly basis as these cars are not lasting much more than 24hrs on sale before being snapped up. Both Porsche Glasgow and Porsche Edinburgh have my details should a similar car come in to stock.
There is a reason for everything i suppose.
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

PaulB wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:18 am Unfortunately the dealership in Leicester and I decided to shake hands and cancel. The car went back up for sale and 10 hrs later, sold. These cars are not lasting much more than 24hrs on sale before being snapped up.
Very frustrating for you Paul, your observations are spot on, it seems that for any decent OPC car they are moving them incredibly fast now in post lockdown. I personally have two examples with Macan’s. The first was a 6 month old model that was suitable to me, it came up on national and my local dealer site, called to confirm still for sale “yes” agreed to view the following day pm, which was their first official re-opening day. SE called me before attending as it had gone overnight! Still took a look and whilst there decided to put mine in and wait for a new one. A few days after handing over my car it came up on their site with no photos (stating, still awaiting) and was gone within 48 hours.

So, definitely keep tracking daily and be prepared to act quickly but don’t just rush to buy unless it’s absolutely the right spec/ price for you. This current level of activity for a number of reasons just has to be a pent up demand, there will be those due to the current position that are less fortunate and will have to say goodbye to their Macan. Good luck 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Frustrating indeed.

Amazing how much other PCP options differ on a same value car at say £35k. Porsche Finance offer such a high residual / final payment that the monthly payments turn out to be extremely low.

Whereas, independent dealers offer PCP on the same terms, same APR but final payments are some £7k less meaning the monthly is more expensive.

The question is, pay low monthly and have nothing at the end and carry risk throughout the 48 months, OR pay more per month and build potentially some equity for 48 months time and give yourself some security about reaching half way around month 30-36!

Apart from all of that, trying to actually find a car is becoming the challenge. It seems i made a horrible decision on letting the car go as there is little out there that compares.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

PaulB wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:23 pm It seems i made a horrible decision on letting the car go as there is little out there that compares.
The old saying "act in haste, repent at leisure" is very true and I've had to live with the consequences many times :oops: .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

My OPC emailed me the other day to ask if I would sell them my SD, as they had a buyer for a low mileage one? Seems that the March '18 jump off the Diesel bandwagon by Porsche was possibly premature, as they sold a shedload of the things for the first 4 years?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

It is becoming clearer by the day that 1 owner, low mileage, well spec'd Macan SDs are now extremely hard to find. I have since enquired about 2 that were due in from a part ex to find out the next morning they are sold. That's without even landing on a sales page.
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I've seen the same. I bought an SD towards the end of last year and the started to get paranoid that I'd messed up by sinking a pile of cash into a diesel. I've been stalking the local OPCs and its become obvious that decent spec SDs don't hang around. Most are sold within a week or so.

What is fascinating is the infinite combination of options, no 2 Macans are the same!