Back to the Macan fold... park assist not working.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
cinders

Post by cinders »

Hi Guys,

I'm back! I originally bought a Macan S back in December when I returned to the UK. Found it to be a bit thirsty for what I was using it for (couldn't justify 21mpg for an SUV) so replaced it with a 991.2 GTS. :D I bought a Merc GLC as a run-around and hated it, then a Q5 which was OK, but I really missed my Macan. Anyway I just found a super-low mileage 2017 fully loaded Macan SD. I'm extremely happy with it. :mrgreen:

I was looking it over / playing with it yesterday and I noticed when putting it in reverse the park assist isn't working. I checked the switch on the roof and it isn't disabled.

I was wondering if there's anything I can check? If I order an ODB2 reader, would I be able to check for any fault codes? Where does the Park Assist Controller live? I wonder if it's worth ordering a new one to swap it out?

Unfortunately the car is 11 days out of it's Porsche Warranty and I understand you must own the car for 90 days before you can renew it.

TIA,
Cinders.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Did you buy privately, or from a dealer? If from a dealer, whether Porsche or not, you have a warranty. If bought privately, yes, you're on your own. I can't help with the OBD checks but someone on here might, otherwise you may have to suck up the cost of diagnostics at an OPC or indie.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

cinders wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:25 am
I was looking it over / playing with it yesterday and I noticed when putting it in reverse the park assist isn't working. I checked the switch on the roof and it isn't disabled.
Because you said you were only playing with it, did you have the parking brake on?

My first Porsche was a Cayenne and on handover the SE selected reverse and nothing happened. He brought out a technician who spent half an hour with a laptop plugged in to the OBD port and then one of them checked the manual. The parking brake was released and lo and behold everything worked.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

That's good to know - every day's a school day...............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
cinders

Post by cinders »

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, have been catching up with work.

The park assist / rear camera is definitely not working.

I bought an ODB reader and had a play with it this morning and got these codes, so will need to investigate further.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Porsche
VIN: WP1ZZZ95ZHLB48029

============1==============
Raw code: C1201A
ECU: 77A
============2==============
Raw code: D12124
ECU: Rear camera
============3==============
Raw code: 001C0A
ECU: Infotaiment system
============4==============
Raw code: 001B0A
ECU: Infotaiment system
============5==============
Raw code: C1201A
ECU: Dashboard
Status: Test failed, Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear
============6==============
Raw code: 00A22F
Status: Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear
============7==============
Raw code: 00A000
Status: Test failed, Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear
============8==============
Raw code: 00A221
Status: Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear
============9==============
Raw code: 00A250

Cheers for now