Macan SD Value

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Hi all,

Have not been on here in a while, Hope I have not missed much and that you are all keeping safe...

My Macan SD has served me well and is just over 4 years old now - I am wondering what it may be valued at especially now that there may be a shortage on used vehicles around.

I have covered ~31k miles, will have its major service this week and has Porsche WNTY until May 2021. Has been PPF'd in parts and Ceramic coated, is in pretty much perfect condition inside & out.

I did spec it highly from new with ~15k worth of options as listed below...

Look forward to your thoughts on this...

Cheers
T

Spec list below:

• Jet Black Metallic Paint
• Light comfort pack
• Smoker Pack
• 14 Way comfort seats
• Leather seats
• PDLS – LED Headlights
• Reversing Camera with Park Assist
• Panoramic Roof
• Privacy Glass
• Electric Tow Bar
• Aluminum Roof Rails
• Side blades in body color (Black)
• Power Steering Plus
• 75 liter fuel tank
• 21” 911 Turbo Alloys
• 18” collapsible spare tyre
• Wheel centers with full colour
• Auto dimming interior & exterior
• Heated Front seats
• Illuminated brushed aluminum sills
• PASM
• PCN Nav Module
• Connect Plus with Apple Car Play
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

51 2016 SD Macans on Autotrader from £39,900 to £26,800. Cheapest car at under 30k miles is Porsche Perth at £33,300 All bar 5 cars are trade sales

Your car is a lovely spec, low mileage and with Porsche warranty. I would have thought mid-30s? Start highish and see if there are any takers. Good luck
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Good to see you back T. Are you selling privately or to a dealer? Plenty of dealers are crying out for good stock or some may sell on your behalf for a commission. I normally do the later and it works well for high value cars that are harder to shift on a private sale.

And more importantly what is next???
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Use the Autotrader car valuer and then add on a couple of k for your options.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

MCDK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:47 am Good to see you back T. Are you selling privately or to a dealer? Plenty of dealers are crying out for good stock or some may sell on your behalf for a commission. I normally do the later and it works well for high value cars that are harder to shift on a private sale.

Cheers, good to hear from you too, still got your Macan also?
Not sure what to do, have done next to no miles (57) since March when all this crazy stuff kicked off... and if a good offer came in I may be interested.
As you note, many dealers looking good stock but most will still only offer button money, and its worth more for me to keep it than let it go for peanuts.
The commission route may be an option also...

As for whats next - not a clue! There isn't much catching my eye lately, apart from old stuff... hard to know what to do really.....
Collected Tue 3rd May
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Macananon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:02 am Use the Autotrader car valuer and then add on a couple of k for your options.
Interesting - my reg is linked to another car for some reason - did it manually, comes up with 30.5k so mid 30's with options?
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

TD444 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:19 am
MCDK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:47 am Good to see you back T. Are you selling privately or to a dealer? Plenty of dealers are crying out for good stock or some may sell on your behalf for a commission. I normally do the later and it works well for high value cars that are harder to shift on a private sale.

Not sure what to do, have done next to no miles (57) since March when all this crazy stuff kicked off... and if a good offer came in I may be interested.
As you note, many dealers looking good stock but most will still only offer button money, and its worth more for me to keep it than let it go for peanuts.

As for whats next - not a clue! There isn't much catching my eye lately, apart from old stuff... hard to know what to do really.....
Yes still got my GTS. Only use it on the sunny weekends so it’s immaculate and less than 10000 miles since new in late 2016. Do toy with the idea of selling it or maybe upgrading to a new GTS or something else altogether but who knows. If a good offer was there I could be tempted but then it’s so perfect and immaculate as it’s my pride and joy I may regret selling if I did.

Your car is a good colour with the right wheels etc so should be attractive to someone but agree you don’t want to give it away to some dealer on a low ball offer.

The RMS forum is a N Ireland car forum with a classified section. Might be of some interest to the guys on there as there are owners on there of £1000 scrappers up to Supercars.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

MCDK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:49 pm
TD444 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:19 am

Yes still got my GTS. Only use it on the sunny weekends so it’s immaculate and less than 10000 miles since new in late 2016. Do toy with the idea of selling it or maybe upgrading to a new GTS or something else altogether but who knows. If a good offer was there I could be tempted but then it’s so perfect and immaculate as it’s my pride and joy I may regret selling if I did.

Your car is a good colour with the right wheels etc so should be attractive to someone but agree you don’t want to give it away to some dealer on a low ball offer.

The RMS forum is a N Ireland car forum with a classified section. Might be of some interest to the guys on there as there are owners on there of £1000 scrappers up to Supercars.
WOW - 10000 miles, hardly any at all..... i had a new 2.0 Macan out while mine was in a few months back, personally i dont see enough of a change between models to make a change that way - but as you say, if we did sell we may regret it..... also hard to know what to go for, i am liking the idea of a Panamera but with 57 miles from March and not sure of when i will do more mileage soon (working from home) i could do without anything for now... :)

And to justify the cost of a Panamera with my mileage in normal times maybe isnt the right thing either, and with a young family while a 911 is always of interest it may not be the right thing for now...Even if i move away from the brand, what do you look at?

Must look at RMS - not a site i am on.... yes mine should sell ok, its just the price in the end....normal colour and good spec...again the spec makes me think should i keep...
Once i get my overdue service done due to the shutdown then i can get it out & drive it more again i may feel different...
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Some huge discounts on Panamera, Cayenne and Cayenne Coupe of up to £14k off on Coast2coast. Can’t imagine Belfast would be doing the same but it’s always ammo to throw at them if shopping for a new one.

Agree the new Macan really is hardly worth the cost to upgrade and in some respects may even be a downgrade to go to a new GTS and I would likely choose the same colour again too lol.

Could also easily do with less cars right now with lockdown but that will change soon I’m sure. My wife’s new M135i has probably done 50 miles in the last three months.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Mine is a late 2016, 66 reg with £24k worth of options and only 18k miles, it is also ceramic coated with two sets of wheels and I would be overjoyed to get mid thirties for it. I would have thought you are looking more like 32k personally and being realistic.

Sadly the market is flooded with diesels for no reason other than the media and bad government advice causing cities to tax diesel or ban them altogether.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.