GTS Sports Seats 8 way v 18 way?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Previously had 14 way comfort seats and they were great although only ever adjusted once using 8 of the 14 movements (fwd/back, up/down, seat and back rest tilt). Set to memory once and only had to reset after service visits. So now I’m thinking if I go for GTS standard plus memory what am I going to miss? I know there’s no powered steering wheel adjustment, not bothered about that but the only thing I may want to do is lower the side bolsters as I still prefer the comfort seats for access, although not sure you can replicate? Would appreciate fellow member experiences and opinions.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

it very much depends on the driver's frame size. The standard GTS 8-way seat is a snug fit if you are of average build. I find them great at holding you securely though - compared to the standard 8-way seat in the S model.

Perhaps arrange test drives with the various GTS seat options if possible.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Just remember that if you want one of the GTS specific interiors (including Race Tex) they are only available with the 8 way GTS seats or the 18 way Sports Seats, As Steve (SAC1) says you should try the various options for yourself.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

MikeM wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:49 am Previously had 14 way comfort seats and they were great although only ever adjusted once using 8 of the 14 movements (fwd/back, up/down, seat and back rest tilt). Set to memory once and only had to reset after service visits. So now I’m thinking if I go for GTS standard plus memory what am I going to miss? I know there’s no powered steering wheel adjustment, not bothered about that but the only thing I may want to do is lower the side bolsters as I still prefer the comfort seats for access, although not sure you can replicate? Would appreciate fellow member experiences and opinions.
I am a fan of the 8-way GTS seats + memory and having just completed a long 700+ mile journey they were very comfortable and supportive. As has been said it depends on your frame if they work for you or not. If you like the bolsters on the 14 way (I don’t, not enough lateral support for me) then that might mean you have to go 14 way again; the 8 /18way sport bolsters are quite high.

8-way seats are specific to the GTS which I was recommended to keep when doing my spec.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Smudger

Post by Smudger »

I’ve got a 2018 Macan with the std 8 way sport seat, I’m 6ft and 18 stone and have found the seats tight at times. Basically I was advised at purchase to stick with the these seats, and I’ve agonised with this decision on many occasion. I absolutely love the Macan and would definitely buy another every other aspect of the car has been brilliant (except fuel usage 🤣) in hindsight perhaps the 14 way comforts would have suited me better, but depends on you frame build etc.