My 2020 Carmine Red GTS

Post pictures of your Macan here!
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Just love that colour.
When I finally get my GTS it is going to have to be Carmine red.

Are you doing the NC500?
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Have covered most of the NC500 in the Cayenne so it was not on the agenda for this trip. As a result of the Aberdeen lockdown (dramatically affecting suppliers to the hotel we were booked in at), the break was curtailed. Still managed to cover 930 miles in four days which meant that the car is now a bit looser and I'm more familiar with it.

Brimmed the tank before leaving home, then topped up on the A9 north of Stirling. Fuel consumption worked out at 29 mile/g which I was very pleased with. Second and third days were spent mainly on A93 and A939 so when I topped up on the southbound A9 (again North of Stirling) consumption was 26.6 mile/g which is probably more typical.

I discovered on this trip that the A93 and A939 are "motorcyclists' nirvana", hadn't seen so many in such a short space of time. The curves and gradients that attract them were also great for getting a feel of the car. There was one uphill gradient of 20% and apart from noticing that the car had dropped to third gear it was as if the gradient was not there :D .

I didn't expect to use Sport Chrono with the car still running in but I did end up using the "Sport Response" button on several occasions. Using it for overtaking actually meant that for fifteen of the twenty seconds I was waiting for it to time out having passed the slow moving traffic. What a machine the GTS is. I thought my SD was good at overtaking but this car is at a different level.

When I got home, I discovered that the air suspension was at its low setting. This probably explains the very flat cornering. A couple of additional outside shots. The new DRLs look very different to those that come with Bi-Xenon lights.

P1000561r.jpg

P1000568r.jpg

My SD had PCM 3.1 so the new version is a revelation.

ACC is great but I do miss the speed limiter function from the old system.

Looked under the bonnet today. Relieved to find the new car uses the same C30 Mobil 1 as the SD as I have quite a collection of 1L containers from two previous Porches. I can see where to add coolant but I cannot see how to check the level. Can anyone help?

P1000561r.jpg

P1000586r.jpg

Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Simon850

Post by Simon850 »

The best colour for the new GTS's! Enjoy, kind of makes me want to jump back in one again haha!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

From the Good to Know App:

Screenshot_20200817-165229_Porsche Good to know.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:55 pm From the Good to Know App:

Yes Steve, I'd found that in the "Good To Know" app and I even RTFM. The problem is I couldn't see the level markings when looking under the bonnet. Admittedly, I was standing in front of the car (from where I took the photograph) so I don't know whether leaning in under the bonnet from one side or the other would reveal anything. As a fellow owner of a 2020 GTS, have you actually managed to check the coolant levels on your car.

In an unrelated matter, what oil pressure do you have on your car. Most of the time mine reads 22 lb/square inch (less than 2 bar). According to some of the American Porsche forums this is OK, it just seems low to me.
Peter

gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Just so you know, once you have overtaken the said vehicle, you can press the sport response button again to go back to normal mode. So you don’t have to spend the next 15 seconds with the car bouncing off the limiter
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
pmg

Post by pmg »

The ease of checking coolant level is definately something that has taken a step back in Gen2 over Gen1
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tramcar

Post by Tramcar »

You've convinced me, Carmen Red GTS is next car.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

gtipirelli wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:34 pm Just so you know, once you have overtaken the said vehicle, you can press the sport response button again to go back to normal mode. So you don’t have to spend the next 15 seconds with the car bouncing off the limiter
Thanks for that, good to know.
Peter

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

On-Track wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:49 pm
SAC1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:55 pm From the Good to Know App:

Yes Steve, I'd found that in the "Good To Know" app and I even RTFM. The problem is I couldn't see the level markings when looking under the bonnet. Admittedly, I was standing in front of the car (from where I took the photograph) so I don't know whether leaning in under the bonnet from one side or the other would reveal anything. As a fellow owner of a 2020 GTS, have you actually managed to check the coolant levels on your car.

In an unrelated matter, what oil pressure do you have on your car. Most of the time mine reads 22 lb/square inch (less than 2 bar). According to some of the American Porsche forums this is OK, it just seems low to me.
Hi Peter, I trust you are enjoying your new GTS as much as I am mine.

Even looking from the side, to overlook the neck of the radiator tank neck filler, it's not possible to see the Min. and Max. level marks because of the black plastic 'shroud covers'. :evil: :? :o No doubt 'auntie' will warn me with a dash symbol light if the level [ever] needs topping up. It never did in my previous SD. 8-)

Oil pressure settles after warm-up at 1.5 bar during my trips so far.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver