Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

All your ordering information here!
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

I'll take another look at keyless. It's a nice option on our Audi. Used to keep my RS4 keys in one of those little pouches

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWC4KX6

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Another point of view to help (or hinder)😀

I had the Spyders on our gen 1 gts. Look good but not as easy to clean so went for Turbo wheels on the Gen2 but stayed with 20” as we swap to winter tyres. Very happy with the new look too

SC- didn’t spec it on either GTS as felt it wasn’t needed. Sports mode is very good and standard. I did add the compass tho

GTS suspension is sorted as standard

The black brushed aluminium trim which comes standard is unique to the GTS and would be a shame to change to carbon which can be had on any model

The GTS leather with contrasting stitching is superb and also only available for the GTS

Alcantara is not for me unless in a full GT car

Good luck with your final choice!
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Oh and ...
Didn’t bother with keyless on any of our cars as I don’t mind a key
Didn’t bother with pan roof on Gen 2 as adds weight and noise when the roof box was fitted.
Went for sound insulating glass for the same reason and it really does work
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

GTS suspension is fine on 20s. Not sure on 21s as haven't had the opportunity to test it. Much prefer the look of the 21s to the 20s, which is why I was looking at Air.

One of the reviews on YouTube said 21s on springs was fine. Others raved about the ride on air...One said it meant the GTS was only 10mm lower, the other said it was 25mm lower (I.e. Adds another 10mm drop)!

Am on the fence on SC still. Don't think I really need it, a gimmick I'd soon be bored of.
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Oh. Like the contrasting stitching, but unless I'm doing something wrong it's ridiculously expensive
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Elrao wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:12 pm GTS suspension is fine on 20s. Not sure on 21s as haven't had the opportunity to test it. Much prefer the look of the 21s to the 20s, which is why I was looking at Air.

One of the reviews on YouTube said 21s on springs was fine. Others raved about the ride on air...One said it meant the GTS was only 10mm lower, the other said it was 25mm lower (I.e. Adds another 10mm drop)!

Am on the fence on SC still. Don't think I really need it, a gimmick I'd soon be bored of.
On the Mamba Green Taycan thread you'll see a picture of a Macan on 21" wheels I had as a loan car. It was a 2L on steel and a day's driving on country roads felt fine to me. It's the "Adaptive" bit of PASM that does it for me as with both Macans, I've selected "sport" after purchase and left it there. Though there was one very uneven road that prompted me to select "comfort".
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

On-Track wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:44 am
Elrao wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:12 pm GTS suspension is fine on 20s. Not sure on 21s as haven't had the opportunity to test it. Much prefer the look of the 21s to the 20s, which is why I was looking at Air.

On the Mamba Green Taycan thread you'll see a picture of a Macan on 21" wheels I had as a loan car. It was a 2L on steel and a day's driving on country roads felt fine to me. It's the "Adaptive" bit of PASM that does it for me as with both Macans and the Cayenne, I've selected "sport" after purchase and left it there. Though there was one very uneven road that prompted me to select "comfort".
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I've said this many times before, maybe even back in this thread, but my Mk1 GTS on 21s with the standard PASM was fine and never once felt too hard. Others even commented unprompted how well it rode some of our poorly surfaced roads around here, so IMHO unless you want a pillow ride there's no need to worry.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

So, I think I am finally there: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMY1HAN1

Still not convinced on SC, BOSE or Air to be honest - but too scared to not spec them and later regret it!
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Elrao wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 am So, I think I am finally there: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMY1HAN1

Still not convinced on SC, BOSE or Air to be honest - but too scared to not spec them and later regret it!
Nice spec.

Comments on those you have doubts over:

Ride I think from reading this forum for a while now there are 2 camps: those that want the "magic carpet ride" with comfort as a priority and those that want the performance then you stick with what the car comes with; you have GTS, the ride is fine it’s the performance you presumably want. I have 21" on springs and agree with Tracky its fine, more than fine and appropriate for a GTS. I would not add air, you also might dislike it as I have seen on a few posts on those who spec it. As a side note my daughter currently have a 2020 mini cooper convertible with 17" wheels and the GTS is more refined and performs better on the same roads, Porsche PASM/suspension is excellent.

Bose - I don’t rate the Bose nor do I want to have HiFi in a car I have that at home. The standard system is good and for car and better than others I have had its a GTS with PSE does not mix with high quality sound - again just my opinion.

Sport design mirrors and side blades in body colour - good choice I would add a heated GT wheel to compete the set - a lot of love for a heated wheel on the forums it should be standard and it makes a difference -as it’s a touch point, money well spent.

Not sure the surround camera, not seen one but for what it’s worth I find the standard reverse camera shows the kerb pretty well if you are reversing/parallel parking.

I really like the entry drive and its now secure don’t be put off if you want it - When your car costs nearly £70k it should be added and is common on many lesser cars

Dimming mirrors do interior and exterior and they work well particularly with the privacy glass.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)