Newbie saying hi and 'man maths'

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
bingbong123

Post by bingbong123 »

Hi all.

Sort of stumbled here as i've been looking for a new 'interesting' car, however something that might do 40mpg on a motorway run.

I think a 2015 onwards Macan fits the bill.

What i'm trying to work out is depreciation from this point. Say a nice 65 Reg td s, with 25k on.......... 3 years later, with 60-65k on, how much it'd cost. My gut feeling is that ignoring 'running' costs, its likely to be worth circa £6k less than the purchase price? Or am I shooting in the breeze?

I've found a nice 65 reg car, one owner £31k, 23,000 miles. I'm trying to convince myself that a macan is the answer!

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

bingbong123 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:37 pm Hi all.

Sort of stumbled here as i've been looking for a new 'interesting' car, however something that might do 40mpg on a motorway run.

I think a 2015 onwards Macan fits the bill.

What i'm trying to work out is depreciation from this point. Say a nice 65 Reg td s, with 25k on.......... 3 years later, with 60-65k on, how much it'd cost. My gut feeling is that ignoring 'running' costs, its likely to be worth circa £6k less than the purchase price? Or am I shooting in the breeze?

I've found a nice 65 reg car, one owner £31k, 23,000 miles. I'm trying to convince myself that a macan is the answer!
Hi and welcome. I am fairly new to the forum too having purchased a 15 plate Macan S Diesel with 44000 miles.

For me, when i considered the Macan, i set myself a strict budget and opted for a car that was supplied by Porsche and had all the options that i wanted.

What options/spec is the car you are looking at fitted with? Is it from a main Porsche Dealership?
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
bingbong123

Post by bingbong123 »

its a private sale, full history, 1 owner from new. I can put a warranty on it.

I'm flexible with spec, i'd like none black seats, satnav, pan roof though.

can I ask what yours cost from a dealer?
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Hi There

I think you are way out in your man maths sorry. First of all the Porsche dealer price will be about 8k more than a private sale price. If you buy it the immediate buy back price is 8K less the next day.

As a guide I just purchased a 2017 SD with 22k miles on it at 39K from a Porsche dealer. The future trade in price at 6 years and 72k miles is 23K pounds.

Also don't underestimate the running costs.....they are very significant.

Hope that helps a bit.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

I just bought a late 2015 SD with only 14k miles from Porsche (with 2 years warranty) for just under £37k...as part of the PCP deal, which I didn’t take, they offered £23k in 2 years with +40k miles!!!

From that, assume somewhere in region of £5-£7k depreciation per year (depending on mileage) which I think for a “premium” car is good. Road tax, insurance and fuel costs are low(ish) so it is a cheap option....unless you are unlucky or in the wrong bracket!
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)
bingbong123

Post by bingbong123 »

Ti Rich wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 pm Hi There

I think you are way out in your man maths sorry. First of all the Porsche dealer price will be about 8k more than a private sale price. If you buy it the immediate buy back price is 8K less the next day.

As a guide I just purchased a 2017 SD with 22k miles on it at 39K from a Porsche dealer. The future trade in price at 6 years and 72k miles is 23K pounds.

Also don't underestimate the running costs.....they are very significant.

Hope that helps a bit.
Hi, i wouldn't buy from a porsche dealer which puts me in front of that sort of pricing.
bingbong123

Post by bingbong123 »

Northnoble wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 pm I just bought a late 2015 SD with only 14k miles from Porsche (with 2 years warranty) for just under £37k...as part of the PCP deal, which I didn’t take, they offered £23k in 2 years with +40k miles!!!

From that, assume somewhere in region of £5-£7k depreciation per year (depending on mileage) which I think for a “premium” car is good. Road tax, insurance and fuel costs are low(ish) so it is a cheap option....unless you are unlucky or in the wrong bracket!
Thanks, thats good to know. so on a private purchase, depreciation would be circa £3.5k per year.
bingbong123

Post by bingbong123 »

I'm hoping for a call back tomorrow on this

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing ... d=10715342
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

bingbong123 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:58 pm I'm hoping for a call back tomorrow on this

Further up this page you said you wouldn't buy from a Porsche dealer yet the seller of the car you're looking at is Porsche Centre, Solihull ;) .

If you want 40mile/g on the motorway then only consider the SD. Make sure you ask if the transfer box has been changed. This is a known weakness so if buying privately ask for evidence.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
bingbong123

Post by bingbong123 »

On-Track wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:28 am
bingbong123 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:58 pm I'm hoping for a call back tomorrow on this

Further up this page you said you wouldn't buy from a Porsche dealer yet the seller of the car you're looking at is Porsche Centre, Solihull ;) .

If you want 40mile/g on the motorway then only consider the SD. Make sure you ask if the transfer box has been changed. This is a known weakness so if buying privately ask for evidence.
I totally did. This popped up for sale at a price point that means it should be considered!