Wanted - Facelifted 2.0T Macan

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I remember going to see a 3 month old Honda CR-V with low mileage and I was assured it was immaculate. When I got there i found scrapes down both sides the full length of the car. Salesman came out and after a bit of small talk asked me what I though of the CRV we were beside. I asked him where the immaculate one was that I was here to see as it clearly was not one beside us. His face fell a mile as he told me it was their sales managers demo who lived rural down a long lane with hedges both sides. We said goodbye but imagine the position if they had £2000 of your non refundable deposit.

thewanted

Post by thewanted »

MCDK wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm I remember going to see a 3 month old Honda CR-V with low mileage and I was assured it was immaculate. When I got there i found scrapes down both sides the full length of the car. Salesman came out and after a bit of small talk asked me what I though of the CRV we were beside. I asked him where the immaculate one was that I was here to see as it clearly was not one beside us. His face fell a mile as he told me it was their sales managers demo who lived rural down a long lane with hedges both sides. We said goodbye but imagine the position if they had £2000 of your non refundable deposit.

That's awful :( I don't know how these guys sleep at night.

The sales person at Tewkesbury called me earlier and said that their Cardiff branch had almost sold the car, but if I gave him my debit card number he wouldn't take a deposit but would mark the car as sold to me until I see it on Friday. That's the deal I wanted in the morning! I really did feel mugged off so I told him to let the Cardiff branch sell it.

I'm pursuing the private sale Macan that I mentioned earlier which has fewer miles, and a pretty incredible spec for the same money (pre-negotiation). Wish me luck.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

On a private purchase you should be able to get a decent amount of negotiation unless it’s already priced very well. Any private seller of a Macan won’t have a queue of buyers down the road due to lack of finance facilities and trade in so you should be in a strong position.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

MCDK wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:31 pm On a private purchase you should be able to get a decent amount of negotiation unless it’s already priced very well. Any private seller of a Macan won’t have a queue of buyers down the road due to lack of finance facilities and trade in so you should be in a strong position.

Cool, thanks. Let's hope that's true.

It's up for £51k so I was thinking of offering £48.5k if it's a good example and then seeing where we land up.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

Hey,

Are you guys able to tell if this car has the "Black leather interior, smooth-finish leather" option?

pmg

Post by pmg »

I would say that car has the partial leather interior but not the full leather interior
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

pmg wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 am I would say that car has the partial leather interior but not the full leather interior

Thanks pmg. I've asked the sales person to pull the spec from the Porsche database to confirm.
jk88

Post by jk88 »

The seats appear to be 14 way which come with smooth finish leather included
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

I guess what I'm trying to work out is if the car has this option:

because the spec says:

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Full leather will have leather covered glovebox, backs on seats and door cards with stitching on the top edge.

It definitely has partial leather but I cannot see the door cards well enough to decide if it has full leather.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.