Day at Silverstone PEC in GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Glad you enjoyed the day. When I did mine back in February in an S under the old regime the biggest eye opener to me was the astonishing capability of the brakes.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)

JLR

Post by JLR »

I received my e-mail invitation yesterday (although I haven't taken delivery of my GTS yet - the OPC called me on Tuesday to confirm that the car was built but still in Leipzig awaiting shipment). My invitation to the PEC stated that I could be accompanied by a spectating guest and my wife is keen. My question is whether she'll be able to sit in the passenger seat whilst I'm driving (given that the instructor will be in another vehicle), or does spectating mean watching from afar?
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

From afar I’m afraid

You might be able to split it with her so she can drive too...
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

If the setup is the same is when I visited the spectating guest has the lunch but is restricted to watching the activities of the driver from the restaurant and viewing area.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
JLR

Post by JLR »

Thanks for the prompt reply. That might change the outlook of the memsaab!
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring
Paul

Post by Paul »

JLR wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:16 pm Thanks for the prompt reply. That might change the outlook of the memsaab!
Or, you can drop £500 (ish) and she can gave her own session all to herself
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

They were fine with us splitting the driving pre covid.

OH is a bit of a petrol head and now prefers the Macan to her 996.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

JLR wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 am I received my e-mail invitation yesterday (although I haven't taken delivery of my GTS yet - the OPC called me on Tuesday to confirm that the car was built but still in Leipzig awaiting shipment). My invitation to the PEC stated that I could be accompanied by a spectating guest and my wife is keen. My question is whether she'll be able to sit in the passenger seat whilst I'm driving (given that the instructor will be in another vehicle), or does spectating mean watching from afar?
Drop them an email or phone them to check....but spectating guest says it all.

I very much doubt that she will be allowed to sit in the car with you. All the accompanying people stayed in the building when I went this week. The cars are fully sanitised and you personally break the applied paper door seal before entering your assigned car for the duration.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:08 pm
JLR wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 am I received my e-mail invitation yesterday (although I haven't taken delivery of my GTS yet - the OPC called me on Tuesday to confirm that the car was built but still in Leipzig awaiting shipment). My invitation to the PEC stated that I could be accompanied by a spectating guest and my wife is keen. My question is whether she'll be able to sit in the passenger seat whilst I'm driving (given that the instructor will be in another vehicle), or does spectating mean watching from afar?
Drop them an email or phone them to check....but spectating guest says it all.

I very much doubt that she will be allowed to sit in the car with you. All the accompanying people stayed in the building when I went this week. The cars are fully sanitised and you personally break the applied paper door seal before entering your assigned car for the duration.
It looks as if things have changed since my invitation. That started off by saying a spectating guest would be welcome but then went on to say that because of Covid 19 no spectating guests were allowed. When I queried this the PEC confirmed no spectating guests. If things are going back to normal (apart from the lack of a cooked meal) then I might take up the invitation (it's valid for two years).
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Had an interesting conversation with my instructor after about what speed the Macan would do around the original handling track.

I asked him what the car was capable of speed wise around the track at various points and he gave the example below...

If you imagine when you come out of the ‘pits’ then you’ve got an almost continuous or treble right hand bend before braking downhill for the left turn he said it would do around 75mph.

Out of interest we got up to about 66mph. He obviously said we can’t have cars following each other that close (25ft or so in my case) at the ‘top capable speed’. Especially given the lack of run off area at the left hand corner.

On the drive home I was thinking from various points over the morning about what speeds to do where and when it seems they have a speed limit of around 60mph.

I don’t know how this ties in with other peoples experiences?