GTS Order - Deposit Paid today!

All your ordering information here!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

geomacan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:41 pm
Rhys2004 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:32 pm I brought up the subject of the heated seats with the loss of the 3 stage control .If you order the car without rear seat heating you get an on off switch .If you order the rear heating as well you get the 3 stage heating in the front. This IS based on the pictures and if you study them carefully you see the 3 stage heating switch added when you specify the rear seat heating.This is not shown when you just accept the standard heating.Also in the specifications there is no mention of 3 staged heating as standard but they are mentioned when you specify rear seat heating.In the end ,after long discussions with the sales guy we went along with just the standard heating as the back seats are never used in our car.Will let you know the outcome next month when ours arrives.
Not convinced about this since it means Porsche have to add different options to the production line. I see no reason why they would do this.
You'd be surprised at the number of different options on the same production line. For example just a simple change like the smoker's package means that the standard USB C outlets for the rear seats are deleted and replaced by an ashtray (that's a MY21 change) in addition to adding a cover in the front console. One of the joys of buying a Porsche is how personal you can make it and it's all done on the same production line. It's no wonder we get confused when model year changes are introduced.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

There’s only one option with heated seats and that is the option of front and rear with three stage heating.The standard specification is heated seats.
Withy1

Post by Withy1 »

MaCantabrigian wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:35 pm Dealer just called and said he’s checked with Porsche and the standard option for MY21 is indeed the three-stage heating in the front. There’s no such thing as the on/off heating.
:D
Arrived: Macan GTS Night Blue
Staying: Boxster 981 GTS GT Silver
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

MaCantabrigian wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:35 pm Dealer just called and said he’s checked with Porsche and the standard option for MY21 is indeed the three-stage heating in the front. There’s no such thing as the on/off heating.
Yep yep yep!

Common sense prevails.
RGS

Post by RGS »

When the Gen 2 Turbo arrived, Romans International issued a video on YouTube how to spec the car up. They recommended a cost of around £12,000 for a sensible spec on the Turbo, but I don't think there would be much difference with the GTS
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Good video that

---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
pmg

Post by pmg »

jaffacake wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 am Good video that

He lost me at the stage when he talks about wheels without making any comment or recognising the impact on ride quality
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

pmg wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:15 am
jaffacake wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 am Good video that

He lost me at the stage when he talks about wheels without making any comment or recognising the impact on ride quality
That’s because you should just look for the biggest wheels available on the option list and tick those as they will look best. Simple.
SRG89

Post by SRG89 »

Guys what are your thoughts / recommendations on seats?

To be more specific, I'm looking at standard partial leather w/ Race Tex vs Full Leather as there isn't any charge to change.

Thinking about full leather unless there's market appeal for Race Tex seats?
JLR

Post by JLR »

For my GTS (hopefully being delivered next week) I went for the full leather as opposed to Race Tex. Whilst the Race Tex feels very comfortable (warm in winter and not as hot in summer), the combination of (1) having a dog, and (2) the likelihood to jump in the car after a run or a bike ride, meant that it was a no brainer for me. I can' imagine Race Tex fairing too well with mucky paws or a sweaty t-shirt!
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring