Base, basic Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

bennachie wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:46 pm Taycan nice but h u g e l e y expensive......................
It’s ok as Rab is loaded :D and no point being the richest man in the graveyard.

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:19 pm
bennachie wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:46 pm Taycan nice but h u g e l e y expensive......................
It’s ok as Rab is loaded :D and no point being the richest man in the graveyard.
Ha ha, thanks for that, but far from the truth, just a poor old pensioner these days. :?
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

SmallWheels wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:59 am If you're going for a camera to help with moving the car in tight spaces, pay the extra £500 for the Reversing Camera with Surround View - to view the sides and front of the car - rather than just the Reversing Camera. I find the pano view at the front very useful when emerging from blind exits or junctions.
@SmallWheels, just out of interest how do you get the surround view to come on in the situations that you describe? Or do you just rely on it coming on automatically? My car has the surround view, and I find it fantastic and very useful for parking without damaging the alloys!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

Toddie wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:22 am
SmallWheels wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:59 am If you're going for a camera to help with moving the car in tight spaces, pay the extra £500 for the Reversing Camera with Surround View - to view the sides and front of the car - rather than just the Reversing Camera. I find the pano view at the front very useful when emerging from blind exits or junctions.
@SmallWheels, just out of interest how do you get the surround view to come on in the situations that you describe? Or do you just rely on it coming on automatically? My car has the surround view, and I find it fantastic and very useful for parking without damaging the alloys!

You can map Surround View to the button with the diamond icon on the steering wheel.
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

The camera does come on automatically at low speeds in some circumstances. Also, as Thewanted has done I've programmed it to the Diamond button on the steering wheel.

I'm getting more practiced in using the camera and find it useful for parking close to kerbs but not kerbing the wheels and also when parking in my garage. I figure that it's only got to save one scrape and it's paid for itself.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

SmallWheels wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:58 am The camera does come on automatically at low speeds in some circumstances. Also, as Thewanted has done I've programmed it to the Diamond button on the steering wheel.

I'm getting more practiced in using the camera and find it useful for parking close to kerbs but not kerbing the wheels and also when parking in my garage. I figure that it's only got to save one scrape and it's paid for itself.
@ The Wanted @SmallWheels, Great, thanks for that tip, i often wondered what to do with that button! now i know a useful purpose for it thank you. I will do that over the weekend.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
DougL

Post by DougL »

I was looking at that Taycan. I expect that will be my next car. Or an electric Macan.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Personally disappointed at the massive size of the Taycan. It is incredibly wide....................with or without the mirrors
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I have seen a Taycan floating around and wouldn't be sure having got used to driving a SUV I would want to drive anything that low unless it was a full on sports car.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
pmg

Post by pmg »

Rab J wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:51 pm I have seen a Taycan floating around and wouldn't be sure having got used to driving a SUV I would want to drive anything that low unless it was a full on sports car.
I admit I don't like wide cars, the Macan is right at my practical maximum for my garage, easy use of parking spaces in UK and some country lanes I use. I fear the next Macan may be wider.

Unfortunately, I have only ever visited an OPC with Taycan post lockdown so not been able to sit in one. looking in from outside I do wonder how much space there is in the rear, looks way less than Panamera.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8